Saitek Pro Yoke and Switch Panel Set Up

I now have the Saitek Pro Yoke System and added the Pro Switch box and was looking for information on the best default flight set up. I now have the Cessna default already started and the switches are sometimes left on. To make things more complicated I also still have the X52 Pro connected. I have the registered FSUIPC but as of yet to learn how to use to. I figured one step at a time. Any suggestions on a default flight welcome. I have saved a flight with a cessna with everything turned off for a cold start. Was messing around and ended up getting a couple g3d.dll errors which I haven't got one of those in over a year so must be the new switches I am playing with.

Mike G.

Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 6GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler

First, I don't understand why you leave two flight controllers connect.

I use many Saitek products but not their software. For the yoke/rudder, you don't

need nothing else. Your Win7 should recognise it and you can use FSX settings to

configure the buttons and axes sensitivity.

For the panels, I use SPAD (Saitek Panels Advanced Driver), a free software easy to find.

Using it for years, with FS9 and FSX, work perfectly with my Carenado and A2A planes.

In FS, as in real life, I only fly GA planes. So SPAD is perfect for me. Of course, if you want

to remap the buttons on your switch panel, it's another story...

Yes, I have FSUIPC, a mandatory for many add-ons. But I never fooled with it. I use the

freeware version who seems, as I often read, to deal better with the g3d.dll issue.

Never had this well known problem often related to missing or, more probably, corrupt file.

i7-4790K @4400 on Gigabyte Z97X (16gb), GeForce GTX 970 OC, Corsair Spec case

Win7 Ult(64) on Samsung850 SSD(256), FSX+Accell on Samsung850 SSD(256), Track IR5

Saitek yoke/rudder radio/multi/switch panels, Logitech G13, GMap on Samsung tab

I have both connected because I want them both connected. They both function with each other and give me additional buttons to map. Also if I want to load the F-14 I can use the stick, the cessna the yoke so what is wrong with that? I was just looking for potential causes that might give me a CTD as well as other folks mapping Ideas You mentioned SPAD. I have seen that mentioned before and never heard of it. I will look into it. Thank you for your imput.

Mike G.

Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 6GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler

Here is what II am working with.

Flight Simulator Build.jpg

Mike G.

Very nice set-up Mike. ;-)

Didn't want to "hurt" you. Connect two devices using same axes can cause problems.

But you probably deal with that using FSUIPC...

Take a few minutes to look about SPAD. Simple, useful and work great for panels.

..here's a pic of my modest "low-profile" set-up..

Daniellittle sim.jpg

Win7 Ult(64) on Samsung850 SSD(256), FSX+Accell on Samsung850 SSD(256), Track IR5

and I thought I was over the top! Didn't hurt my feelings really. I am going to look into the SPAD. My entire issue actually started yesterday fooling around with my new switch box I set up a new default flight and then out of the blue when I went toend flight or close the program I started getting the g3d.dll error. Haven't had one of those since I can remember so I have been trying to locate the cause, Today however got one first thing this morning so I set up a new default flight pretty much the same as my old one and haven't had any problems so far. Go figure. Awesome setup ! The keypad on your left what brand and how easy to map?

Mike G.

Daniel, I downloaded SPAD but when I installed it I got the window:

Run-time error '432':

File name or class not found during Automation operation

now I installed it on my older single monitor build which I have used Saitek with in the past but now has a Thrustmaster hooked up if that has something to do with it. I was able to look through the manual and look interesting and a little simpler then the FSUIPC

Mike G.

The Run Time error is caused by Visual basic. Not sure which version SPAD uses but it is either corrupt or not installed. Maybe someone with more VB experience can chime in. I use SPAD and have never seen that error and I have been using it at least 6 or 7 years.

Mike, never heard of the runtime error "432" with soft related to FSX.

I had that issue ten years ago with Excel and I finally resolve by reinstalling VB Runtimes.

My whiz high-tech brother-in-law in Silicon Valley just told me this error mostly begin

after an incomplete installation or uninstallation, or system(OS) crash or full system

shutdown(ex: electricity fail...).

About my pad on the left of my set-up it is a Logitech G13. It carry 22 buttons X 3 banks.

So, 66 possible functions. A mini joystick(with 2 small buttons) to act as a mouse is place

under the thumb. It is for left hand use. On the screen, I monitor CPU and memory usage.

Hope someone have the solution for the runtime error

Daniel

Right on! Thanks for the information.

Mike G.

Mike, never heard of the runtime error "432" with soft related to FSX.

I had that issue ten years ago with Excel and I finally resolve by reinstalling VB Runtimes.

My whiz high-tech brother-in-law in Silicon Valley just told me this error mostly begin

after an incomplete installation or uninstallation, or system(OS) crash or full system

shutdown(ex: electricity fail...).

About my pad on the left of my set-up it is a Logitech G13. It carry 22 buttons X 3 banks.

So, 66 possible functions. A mini joystick(with 2 small buttons) to act as a mouse is place

under the thumb. It is for left hand use. On the screen, I monitor CPU and memory usage.

Hope someone have the solution for the runtime error

Daniel

Not sure about the older build but I went ahead and installed it on my three monitor build and voila! The window looks just like my switch panel! Just like the picture ha! ha! Now if I can figure out how to use it. It does look more straight forward then the FSUIPC

Mike G.

Now that I have SPAD up and running I looked into how it works but so far working with my Cessna the Nav lights and Beacon Light the switches do not work when running SPAD. Starting with the lights on when I turn them off they will not come back on. Sure it is a setting but the other buttons work fine I think like the Auto Pilot works Strob light seems to work. Conflict I gather but what?

Mike G.

Archived