Paratrooper textures C-47R

youngharry

Has anybody been able to open the C-47R Skytrain V3.14 Beta with the Paratrooper textures?

The EATS_315221 opens for both my models and I have tried lots of changes to the config files but nothing is working.

I still only have one set of textures, everything else is working fine. The overhead switches are working as they shoud and the paratroopers jump on command but the aircraft textures remain the same.

There is an update over at AvSim: Feb 23, 2017. Here is pic of file.

Chuck B

Napamule

C-47R Update_AvSim.jpg

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

From what I can see, and I am NO painter by any stretch, the texture fallbacks for the paratrooper plane includes the EATS plane. I may well be wrong, but doesn't this mean that the plane is basically the EATS paint, with some mods for the paratroop jump? I don't see any texture files for the outside of the plane in the paratrooper texture folder. That tells me that the differences are internal, not external. And the only real difference I can see is the cutie and maybe the overhead panel.

So it looks to me like the only real difference from the EATS texture is the cutie picture on the panel, and the rest of the plane is the same as the EATS texture. Maybe this is what you're seeing?

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

I may well be wrong, but doesn't this mean that the plane is basically the EATS paint, with some mods for the paratroop jump?

Exactly. The only difference between the two are the "red light"/"green light" switches on the overhead panel instead of "fasten seatbelts"/"no smoking".

- Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

Archived