getting back to flight sims...

Kent_T

I remember getting announcement from this forum a while back because I haven't been on in a long time. I got distracted with problems in another hobby that I finally decided to quit for good (currently selling off gear from that hobby). and decided to see if I could get on here, seems my last posts were in 2014.

I'm thinking about getting back to flight sims again, but have no idea what's current or not..

I have MS Flight Simulator 2000(not installed) and X on a 64bit Win7 PC, 3GHz dual core Athlon 2, 8GB RAM, Geforce 8400GS, Saiteck Pro Flight Yoke and CH Peddles. Although with my bad knees using peddles might not be that easy now.

I really started with MS FS2000 back when it was new and got kind of obsessed with it back then. I even took a couple of real flying lessons, but then got away from it. 2014 was when I got the yoke and peddles in a failed attempt to get going again, not sure if it was all the changes to FS in X, or maybe health problems, or stress caused by people I had to deal with in that hobby I decided to quit. But I just could get going at it.

So here I go again... I'm thinking perhaps going back to FS2000 since that is what I know best. And possibly getting a Saiteck display panel for the auto pilot stuff since I use to use that a lot and found mousing it a bit awkward in the past.

So the point of this post, besides a long winded babbling, is to see if anybody has any suggests on what to do...? I was thinking maybe a newer video cards may be in order. I'm on permanent disability, so not a lot of money to play with other then what coming for the stuff I"m selling off.

Is there a newer/better version of Flight Sim out now?

Just looking for ideas to see if I can get this going again..

--

I remember getting announcement from this forum a while back because I haven't been on in a long time. I got distracted with problems in another hobby that I finally decided to quit for good (currently selling off gear from that hobby). and decided to see if I could get on here, seems my last posts were in 2014.

I'm thinking about getting back to flight sims again, but have no idea what's current or not..

I have MS Flight Simulator 2000(not installed) and X on a 64bit Win7 PC, 3GHz dual core Athlon 2, 8GB RAM, Geforce 8400GS, Saiteck Pro Flight Yoke and CH Peddles. Although with my bad knees using peddles might not be that easy now.

I really started with MS FS2000 back when it was new and got kind of obsessed with it back then. I even took a couple of real flying lessons, but then got away from it. 2014 was when I got the yoke and peddles in a failed attempt to get going again, not sure if it was all the changes to FS in X, or maybe health problems, or stress caused by people I had to deal with in that hobby I decided to quit. But I just could get going at it.

So here I go again... I'm thinking perhaps going back to FS2000 since that is what I know best. And possibly getting a Saiteck display panel for the auto pilot stuff since I use to use that a lot and found mousing it a bit awkward in the past.

So the point of this post, besides a long winded babbling, is to see if anybody has any suggests on what to do...? I was thinking maybe a newer video cards may be in order. I'm on permanent disability, so not a lot of money to play with other then what coming for the stuff I"m selling off.

Is there a newer/better version of Flight Sim out now?

Just looking for ideas to see if I can get this going again..

Answering your question would be very long winded. Much has changed with Add-on Aircraft, better Graphic cards, and tweaks for some versions of the main Flight Sim programs. Search and subscribe to some of the SIM Forums out there to get current. Suffices to say your machine would do better with Fs2004 than FSX. I have no experience with Prepared3D but it is a viable alternative. Good luck.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Archived