FSX GA-Traffic Program Won't Generate Flight Plan

I'm currently working on my AI setup for my FSX, and so far finished my WOAI & MAIW AI traffic I wanted, and all I need is just ships and GA aircraft (new). I found the FSX GA-Traffic program from FlyAwaySimulations, and I tried it out. Everything works fine, it loads aircraft, and it loads all airports, however I disabled all countries around the world except Canada and the USA, the 2 countries I mainly fly in. I also included some add-on planes for AI generation as well. When I click "Generate Flight Plan", everything seems to go well however; It either crashes, or the program "completes" the process, but nothing was actually done (no Flight Plan was generated). I've heard about the crashing issue, and everyone says to just leave it alone and don't touch the program until it's fully done, which I have, and it eventually finishes the process, but I check in the C:\Program Files (x86)\FSX GA-Traffic\Bin location and it didn't generate the flight plan there. I've seen lots of people having great success with this program, but I can't get it to generate a flight plan. What am I doing wrong?

Using FSX Steam Edition on Windows 7

yes I checked in scenery\world\scenery and it didn't generate the flight plan there. Yes I know thats where all the flight plans go. And yes the location for my FSX GA-Traffic is in Program Files(x86). If I change the location for it to leave the flight plan, it says it needs "TrafficDataBaseBuilder" program, which is located in the Bin file where the flight plan should be dropped off. But this program doesn't seem to do anything.

And I'm not having any User Account Control issues with FSX GA-Traffic.

..........And I'm not having any User Account Control issues with FSX GA-Traffic...........

This may be a false assumption......

If part of the process when creating new FPLs requires the main program to access AND write info into the TrafficDataBaseBuilder then UAC may be stopping it.

Three ways to test - turn off UAC temporarily, run the program as an Administrator or reinstall the app outside of C:\Program File (x86) location.

As an aside to the problem, WRT placing the traffic files - they don't need to be placed in the suggested Scenery/World/Scenery folder. They can be placed in ANY active and correctly formatted folder - by active I mean a location activated within FSX as normal and by correctly formatted I mean that the traffic .bgl files must be in a subfolder named Scenery - e.g C:\My Traffic Files\ will not work but C:\My Traffic Files\Scenery\ will.

Regards

Brian

This may be a false assumption......

If part of the process when creating new FPLs requires the main program to access AND write info into the TrafficDataBaseBuilder then UAC may be stopping it.

Three ways to test - turn off UAC temporarily, run the program as an Administrator or reinstall the app outside of C:\Program File (x86) location.

As an aside to the problem, WRT placing the traffic files - they don't need to be placed in the suggested Scenery/World/Scenery folder. They can be placed in ANY active and correctly formatted folder - by active I mean a location activated within FSX as normal and by correctly formatted I mean that the traffic .bgl files must be in a subfolder named Scenery - e.g C:\My Traffic Files\ will not work but C:\My Traffic Files\Scenery\ will.

Ok I'll try reinstalling the program outside of Program(x86) and see if that does the trick. I currently have my aircraft, military, and ship traffic in folders labeled as AI_Aircraft, AI_Military, and AI_Ships in the Addon Scenery Folder of FSX, and I just add/activate the folders from the scenery library. Thats where I plan to add the traffic files I generate from FSX GA-Traffic.

Hi sorry I haven't responded lately, but FSX GA-Traffic works for me now. :D I guess I can't have it installed in Programs (x86), so I reinstalled it to my desktop. The only problem I have now with this program, is that strangely it doesn't generate many default C172 flight plans using the default C172. I had multiple textures added for it specifically for AI usage, and set the chance of C172 flight plans being generated to 100%, and it generates only 2-6 C172s at a time. Guess I'll just have to generate multiple C172 BGL files. Anyways thanks for the help guys. :pilot:

Archived