Greetings to all fellow simmers.....Help needed

Rickards1952

My name is Rick and have been a simmer since a flight sim was introduced on the Commadore 64, yes I am old...lol. I now fly on FSX and only have one issue. I have an older set of CH rudder pedals and for some reason I cannot find drivers for them. I have searched the net and the CH site with no luck. I am running Windows 7 and a CH Eclipse flight yoke which works great. My pedals are older and the connection is a 15 pin game port. I purchased a USB to a 15 pin game port cable hoping once plugged in it would be detected, but it wasn't. I need the drivers obviously. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Rick

Welcome aboard, youngster! In 1952 I was already 4 years old! ;) I just wonder if the cable is actually the problem? Might be! You say "not detected"....by FSX or by the computer itself? Did you check under Control Panel/Game Controllers or under System/Hardware to see if it is detected?

If nothing is detected, then may be time for some newer stuff!

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Welcome aboard, youngster! In 1952 I was already 4 years old! ;)

Yes, '48 was a very good year, MrZ! We share it!

Jim

PS- Wish I could remember how to update my tag line to reflect the new set-up....and now back to your regularly scheduled program.

Z170a, RM850, NH-D155, i7-6700K, GTX970, 32G GSkill DDR4, dual SSD850's, Ubuntu 16.4, Win7-64, XPX, XPXI Beta, P3Dv3.

Yes, '48 was a very good year, MrZ! We share it!

Jim

PS- Wish I could remember how to update my tag line to reflect the new set-up....and now back to your regularly scheduled program.

Sorry, I'm a 49er fan! 1949. To update your signature go into your settings up at the top of the website page.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Hi Rick,

I don't believe it's a question of drivers. I too had an adapter cable that did not work. I also attempted to install an older Sound Blaster card that had a game port but had no success with that either. Actually I was trying to get Windows to recognize one of the original MS Force Feedback joysticks but believe the roadblocks are the same. I did spend a fair amount of time searching for a solution without success so perhaps it's a lost cause.

Jim F.

Haven't used it myself, but this could be a solution.

The device shown here does work. My question is why would you buy one to support a very old piece of equipment that could fail shortly after purchasing this. Bite the bullet and buy a new pair of Saitek pedals. You will be better off in the long run. Also, every boy loves new toys!!! :) Good Luck.

Archived