Problem with Windows 10 64-bit 'Calibrate' option greyed out in Game Contollers.

newhaven

Recently, my Saitek Pro Flight X-55 Rhino Throttle stopped working, (I'm using FSX), even though the installed Saitek software showed that it appeared to be OK. However, in Windows 10 'Devices and Printers', under 'Devices', when I right-clicked the 'Pro Flight X-55 Rhino Throttle' icon 'Game Controller Settings', clicked on 'Saitek Pro Flight X-55 Rhino Throttle', then Properties, the 'Test' tab gave the message "Test the game controller. If the controller is not functioning, it may need to be calibrated. To calibrate it, go to the Settings page". Doing this, i.e. clicking on the Settings tab, showed that the 'Calibrate' button is greyed out. (The 'Reset to default' button isn't, but clicking on it doesn't do anything).

If I follow the same procedure for the Saitek Pro Flight X-55 Rhino Stick, it works fine i.e. after clicking on the 'Properties' button, all the individual axes and buttons show up and can be tested - and calibrated if need be.

I must stress that on my other PC - a Windows 7 32-bit machine, everything is fine, so I'm suspecting it's something to do with Windows 10. I have the latest software and drivers from the Saitek website - 'X55_Rhino_7_0_55_13_x64_Software.exe', and 'X55_Rhino_7_0_55_13_x64_Drivers.exe'., although I believe the drivers are included with the software.

In Device Manager, under 'Human Interface Devices', there are NO exclamation marks against any of the X-55 Rhino references on either the Stick or Throttle, so it would appear that the drivers are OK.

Any ideas? I'm very puzzled by all this. Any help would be gratefully received. Thank you.

PS Just tried the Saitek combo on X-Plane 10, on my Win 10 64-bit PC - everything works OK. So maybe the problem is FSX related on this PC, rather than Win 10 related?

• 2 weeks later...

I am having the exact same issue. Started sometimes last week. I was able to calibrate in fsx.Now it is greyed out whether in fsx or by just going to game controllers in windows settings.

I am able to calibrate just fine like you in xplane.

Maybe an issue with a windows 10 update....

Archived