Trees covering airports

ubisoft

Hello guys! ;)

I have a problem with certain airports having trees/bushes on the runway, taxiways and aprons.

I have ORBX Global Base pack + ORBX Global Vector. I've also a freeware scenery called Namibia Airports by David Atkinson installed that I downloaded here from Flightsim. The trees/bushes seem to appear within the airport area and that's why I suspect it has something to do with the ground texture. It appears as the trees/bushes are of the same type as well.. Anybody been facing this issue before and knows how to solve it? I have played a little bit around with ADEX, but I can't figure out how to remove only the trees/bushes and not the whole airport ground texture in addition. :confused:

Here are some pictures from Katima Mulilo airport (FYKM):

20170219225013_1.jpg20170219225058_1.jpg20170219225209_1.jpg

20170219225318_1.jpg

If turning down the Autogen doesn't help, then you need to hire a lumberjack!

FSX - FSX Scenery FSX Scenery--Lumberjack

[ Download | View ]

Name: agexcl3x.zip

Size: 892,994 Date: 09-08-2007 Downloads: 2,389

FSX Scenery--Lumberjack, tree removal near runways. This set of files will remove trees near runways for every airport supplied as standard with FSX. Some rural airports have trees right up to the threshold, making them rather tricky to use! There are two versions of this archive, one called AGEXCL3X.ZIP and one called AGEXCL5X.ZIP. The first clears 3 times the runway width and the second clears 5 times the runway width. Both clear 1.5 times the runway length. By Jim Keir.

[TABLE=align: center] [TR=bgcolor: #EFEFEF] [TD]

[/TD] [TD]

[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I turned down the autogen and the trees disappeared.. It seems strange that the trees only appear on top of that specific ground texture within the airport. Maybe the texture spawns the trees randomly?

Here is another picture from Rundu (FYRU):

20170220005726_1.jpg

In Ade, draw a "polygon" around the area. I haven't done it in a while, but I think you then right click the polygon to select it's properties. Then check-mark "exclude autogen".

Maybe you don't need to right click and the properties open at the moment you have drawn the whole polygon. (you can still edit it after.)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Where I come from it's 'NIMBY'. Where you from? ..Kentucky? (hehe).

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

In Ade, draw a "polygon" around the area. I haven't done it in a while, but I think you then right click the polygon to select it's properties. Then check-mark "exclude autogen".

Maybe you don't need to right click and the properties open at the moment you have drawn the whole polygon. (you can still edit it after.)

Where do you get Ade? Turning autogen down only lessens but does not completely remove trees as the picture above proves. Lumberjack only removes trees approaching the runways and is completely useless for the issue.

Using a airport tool "excluding autogen" from the within the airport boundaries seems the way to go.

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

Hey!

I've tried making a polygon with excluding the autogen, but what happens is that it removes not only the trees on the runway, taxiways and apron, but also the ground texture underneath and some trees in the vicinity as well. This is very frustrating :confused: ....

Is there any way to show the ground texture in ADE? I suspect that the ground texture and those pesky trees are bonded somehow..

uclegreg, thank you for replying! I must say I love ADE and use it everyday for my airports.. But this problem is driving me nuts.. Do you know if I can expose the ground texture in ADE? Only the runways, taxiways, apron, objects and some building are showing when I edit an airport.

il88pp, thank you for responding. I did draw a polygon and excluded autogen, but the ground texture disappeared along with the trees.. Is there some way to edit the ground texture at an airport in ADE?

Package has 207 airports. I didn't want al of it.

I only installed FYKM

In the packag is an FYKM file,(3 files) to put in /Addon scenery.

I installed that in Addon Scenery\FYKM

(I don't like installing things in AddonScenery\scenry)

(that owouldn't make a difference for the result though)

No trees

In the update is also an FYKM bgl file. Also (3 files) to put in /Addon scenery.

Update has same filenames, so I used those files. (oversriting the original.

tested again, no trees

I don't have orbx installed.

I installed only FYKM

There's more stuff in the package.

Files to put in Scenery\World\Scenery.

There was not one named FYKM, so I installed none of these files.

I checked the update also, no FYKM file there to put in Scenery\World\Scenery either.

Also included are optional landclass files.

I decided to install those, again, no trees.

edit:

have to add, no trees, but also did not see any photo background.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I decided to install all airports in addon scenery, just in case.

not sure on background.

i taxied to parking, using progressive parking. yellow arrows worked, but no taxiway line. SO perhaps tarmack was photo.

But, no green grass around runway.

Also, no baracks behind airport. I did not go hunt for all tthe required objerct libraries, so that's probably why tose objects don't show up.

If you installed a tree library, then that may be where your trees came from.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ubisoft,

Glad you got rid of the trees! Now open the airport in ADE and draw another polygon over the one you drew that excludes the autogen. When you have finished one of your choices should be "Land Class". I prefer to use Airport 1, it's just grass. There are many land class choices and when you click on one an image of what it looks like will pop up. Remember to tick the "Edit individual points" box so you can manipulate the polygon to your liking. Hope this helps (and makes sense).

unclegreg

I decided to install all airports in addon scenery, just in case.

not sure on background.

i taxied to parking, using progressive parking. yellow arrows worked, but no taxiway line. SO perhaps tarmack was photo.

But, no green grass around runway.

Also, no baracks behind airport. I did not go hunt for all tthe required objerct libraries, so that's probably why tose objects don't show up.

If you installed a tree library, then that may be where your trees came from.

Thanks for taking your time to do all of that il88pp! ;)

I suspect that it might be ORBX Global Trees HD that is planting trees on my runway, but I'm not sure...

I installed all of the updates you mentioned and all the extra landclass tweaks, but with no luck.. I even tried to install "Aeroworx LC for southern africa" which Namibia Airports are optimised for, but it didn't remove the trees.. :confused:

I will download the library objects as well to make editing a little bit easier for myself!

ubisoft,

Glad you got rid of the trees! Now open the airport in ADE and draw another polygon over the one you drew that excludes the autogen. When you have finished one of your choices should be "Land Class". I prefer to use Airport 1, it's just grass. There are many land class choices and when you click on one an image of what it looks like will pop up. Remember to tick the "Edit individual points" box so you can manipulate the polygon to your liking. Hope this helps (and makes sense).

unclegreg

By doing so, will I be able to get the LC that is now, but without the trees?

I prefer to keep the LC ground texture as it is on the photo I posted in the start of the thread.

ubisoft,

All I can suggest is to put the original airport bgl file (fresh from the zip file) into ADE and click on "Lists" at the top of the page. Then click on "Terrain Polygons" and see if anything comes up. Other than that I don't know how to help, sorry.

unclegreg

ubisoft,

All I can suggest is to put the original airport bgl file (fresh from the zip file) into ADE and click on "Lists" at the top of the page. Then click on "Terrain Polygons" and see if anything comes up. Other than that I don't know how to help, sorry.

unclegreg

I tried what you suggested, but nothing showed up on the list. Thanks for trying though! :o

Hello guys!

Uninstalling FTX Trees didn't help at all. Even the default trees were covering the the airport. I have absolutely no clue of what is happening then..

Is there anyone with ORBX Global base pack + Global Vector installed that has the same problem? :confused: :confused:

Check if you have another addon installed for fykm

those buildingsd behind the apron are not part of the fykm in the 207 airports package. they are not there when you open it in ade.

so they are most likely on another addon for fykm that you have installed. the ground texture could be part of that too.

It may be an orbx version, but I think not. Those buildings (baraks) look a bit fs9 to me, it doesn't remind me of orbx screenshots.

some less useful info:

FYKM_ADEX_ADE_OBJ.BGL

does not contain any objects.

and I saw no trace of a backround image.

I did find this, on adding your own exclucion. To let the default fsx background show through I think.

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/adex-ground-polygon-conflicts.427581/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Check if you have another addon installed for fykm

those buildingsd behind the apron are not part of the fykm in the 207 airports package. they are not there when you open it in ade.

so they are most likely on another addon for fykm that you have installed. the ground texture could be part of that too.

It may be an orbx version, but I think not. Those buildings (baraks) look a bit fs9 to me, it doesn't remind me of orbx screenshots.

some less useful info:

FYKM_ADEX_ADE_OBJ.BGL

does not contain any objects.

and I saw no trace of a backround image.

I did find this, on adding your own exclucion. To let the default fsx background show through I think.

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/adex-ground-polygon-conflicts.427581/

il88pp,

I don't have any other addon installed for FYKM.. Only Namibia Airports! That's very strange..

Those buildings appeared when I installed Namibia Airports. When I imported the FYKM_ADEX_ADE_OBJ file into ADE they appeared as unknown objects.. That's most likely because I don't have the scenery library they are in.

I tried to draw a tiny polygon on the middle of the runway and exclude autogen and then all the ground texture at the rwy and near the buildings went back to default + the trees disappeared. In addition to that, the apron on the addon FYKM was covered in trees because the default FYKM doesn't have an apron.. The buildings were still there though.. :confused:

20170222133706_1.jpg

How it looks like when I placed the tiny "exclude autogen" polygon on the rwy. The default ground texture is back, the trees are gone, the addon ground texture is gone both on the rwy, apron and the close vicinity.

20170219225058_1.jpg

Reposting a picture from the start of the thread so that you can see the difference.

Archived