Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How to make FS2004 Run on windows 10?

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by lmhariano View Post
    Make sure you're running in windowed mode. At least in Win10, full-screen mode is a no-go. Too much hassle...
    After all these fixes this one worked thank you so much for your support it had to work with the patches with my pc though thanks!

Hello, Longbreak,,
    Sorry for the communications delay. I've not been on the W10 side of my partition in a while. Thanks for the suggestion about the RealTek download. It installed apparently correctly but still no sound. All the built-in diagnostics say everything is fine...
    By background, my previous iMac 27 worked like a charm, 70 percent W7/30 Apple, with fully functional FS9. The computer went belly-up needing a $600 repair or... The new one doesn't accept W7, so I sprang for W10, which installed fine except for a lack of sound throughout.
    Since I got FS working otherwise (and GMax, my principal time-gobbler), I'll just make "brrr" sounds when I fly.
    Thanks again for your suggestion.

Sorry to hear that you are still without sound. The only other solution that I can think of is to identify the name/model of the sound card and check their website to see if there is a fix available. Also check the actual requirements for the device. If may be something as simple as it requires a certain version of DirectX (DX) for example. A fairly common issue for those who had problems with sound after upgrading to Win 10 from Win 7 or 8 was that the issue was caused by missing/corrupted RealTek files and/or a similar DX issue.

Most Win 7/8 era sound devices were coded for DX 9 but when going through the upgrade process to Win 10 DX9 files were either deleted or become corrupted. A clean install of the latest DX9 ReDistribution package (download directly from the MS website) resolved the vast majority of issues. It is worth noting that a clean install of Win 10 does not contain any DX9 files, initially it only shipped with DX10 and 11 drivers and the Anniversary update in Oct 2016 added DX12 support.
    Regards

Brian

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2