FSX registration ...

nolexus

I have had F S X & F S X acceleration with dvd.s for years . Never a problem except crappy graphics .

Anyway just bought an alienware desktop and it rocks everything I throw at it ( I have hand built my other computers ) .

I can download F X S but when it is finished and it is time to register which I have all codes for it will not connect via internet or phone .

I have been trying to register for about three weeks with no availability . same thing cannot connect , check internet connection . I don't have anything blocking it and ISP is just fine .

Dang I miss flying :mad: . And all it will offer me is a time trial version that expires :mad: :mad:

any help would be greatly appreciated

help me get my wheels back up , Mike

Hi, I've been playing FSX on 10-year-old disks for years and have never had any trouble registering by phone after installing it on different computers, the last install was about 2 years ago and I did it by phone easily enough. As I recall, a robot voice at the other end asked me to use the phone to tap in the code..

What exactly happens when you try it by phone? Does the robot give you a message why it's not working?

You could try upper or lower case letters next time. Also check that you're not mistakenly tapping in the number 1 when it should really be the letter I or vice-versa.

Same with the number 0 and the letter O, try each one, and keep a written note of which permutations you're trying, so you can try them all by a process of elimination.

When i had just built my pc, and installed fsx, it couldn't connect to activate.

Other web issue was that I got "certificate not valid" on every webpage i looked at. Including the ones I trusted, like flightsim.com and google.

Clicking 'ignore' I could still they the pages.

Eventually I read the error message more closely and saw 'certificate not valid, invalid time and date' or similar.

I tried fixing by setting the time in Windows clock. Online time synch didn't connect either. Manually setting made no difference.

- I noticed after a reboot time was wrong again.

That made of look at the BIOS.

Time there was set to 1999 (but it was december 2013.).

I adjusted it to the correct time and date. No more certificate errors on webpages. And activating fsx worked find too.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

..I can download F X S but when it is finished and it is time to register which I have all codes for it will not connect via internet or phone..

What exactly happens when you try to connect by internet, does a message come up saying "site not found" or what?,

And what happens when you try by phone, do you get a voice saying "number not available" or what?

PS- try a youtube search for 'Fsx registration' vids, there are some there, I just looked.

have you tried texting them Microsoft flight simulator

explain what trouble you are having to register they mite give you

a number that you can call to get connected if you live in UK

that's what I did when my windows 7 went down

best of luck

Oddly enough, if you look in the root ..\FSX folder, there is a file there which lists all of the phone numbers world-wide that may be used to register FSX:

Phone Activation.xml

DisplayName="United Kingdom"Toll="+ 44 870 2411963"TollFree="0800 018 8354"

DisplayName="United States"Toll="(Not Available)"TollFree="1-866-740-1256"

Bill Leaming http://smileys.sur-la-toile.com/repository/Combat/0054.gif

Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Military Visualizations

Flightsim.com Panels & Gauges Forum Moderator

Flightsim Rig: Intel Core i7-2600K - 8GB DDR3 1333 - EVGA GTX770 4GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium

Development Rig1: Intel Core i7-3770k - 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD7770 SLI 1GB - Win7 64bit Professional

Development Rig2: Intel Core i7-860 - 8GB DDR3 Corsair - GeForce GTS240 1GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium

NOTE: Unless explicitly stated in the post, everything written by my hand is MY opinion. I do NOT speak for any company, real or imagined...

Archived