HDMI and PC Synch Failed

peugeot309style

Hi,

I've often linked my W7 Laptop to my HDTV via HDMI cable (PAL BTW).

It took some time setting it up but it worked fine - TV Screen (Panasonic) showed centred PC screen with black border around it; I could use the TV zoom function to make that larger - happy days as they say.

Recently I D/L a driver update program. All fine there except the updated Intel thing has reset the settings.

I can no longer do the above even though my W7 screen properties are the same as beroe (screen 1/2 the same).

I have played around with the Intel properties program and have got a version of the PC screen working on the Panasonic although now the screen has to be 1280x720. If I change that to a higher resolution the PC screen picture on the Panasonic goes smaller (like above) but instead of the image appearing in the centre it's now locked into the top left corner of the TV screen. If it was centred at least I could go back to the zoom feature.

Not a huge problemn as I can work with the 1280x720, but any game has to be run in 600x420 res.

Any ideas what went wrong there after the driver update?

Thanks in advance

Not really my subject. But I think that where the image appears on the tv, is the result of settings on the tv. Make sure you select the used input correctly. Choose the correct screen ratio. (16:9 or whatever it is). Those type of settings.

I don't think it's an issue on the pc side. Something you could try there is using a smaller resolution in Windows and the nvidia menu. (use the same resolution as is native do the tv. Tv's often have a much smaller native resolution then monitors.)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived