Saitek panel problems

jp22

Ok this looks like a great place to mind meld with fellow simmers. I'll get right to the point. I'm running FSX Steam with accelerator, i have ez dock camera running too. I have an older system 2008 Dell XPS (saving for my dream system) dedicated to FSX only. I have Saitek, multi panel, radio, switch panels and yoke. I have CH multi quadrant and rudder pedals. Everything works great until I started to expand. I added another monitor. I also started BUYING some aircraft (carenado) add ons. The other monitor is smaller and used for the panel, drag and drop instruments onto it. I noticed that by doing this not all of the knobs and buttons would work on the Saitek panels. I also noticed that NONE of the knobs and buttons on the drag and dropped instruments worked. I'm wondering if this is just a set up issue. Would FSUIPC help and how do I use it?

Thanks for the input.

I have the multi-panel, radio and switch panels plus 4 Saitek FIP, pedals and Saitek Rhino X55 Hotas and a Thrustmaster MFD. I run all this plus the regular type FSX add-ons on a 7 year old Dell XPS 8100. Make sure that you are using powered USB hubs, because all those devices draw a lot of power and performance will suffer if just powered by the computer.

What do you mean by drag and drop instruments?

Hope this helps

Joe

I have the multi-panel, radio and switch panels plus 4 Saitek FIP, pedals and Saitek Rhino X55 Hotas and a Thrustmaster MFD. I run all this plus the regular type FSX add-ons on a 7 year old Dell XPS 8100. Make sure that you are using powered USB hubs, because all those devices draw a lot of power and performance will suffer if just powered by the computer.

What do you mean by drag and drop instruments?

Hope this helps

Joe

+1!!!!

If you are running multiple USB gadgets without powered USB hubs you're not just getting bad results, you're also risking serious damage to your computer itself!

Is that your issue here? Since you didn't mention powered USB Hubs, I can't address that issue for sure. However I do know many people hugely get better results than they ever expected by installing a powered hub! I'm also aware of many computers that have been damaged by low voltage on the motherboard rails caused by too many un-powered USB gadgets!

Spend the $10-$20 and improve your performance and provide a little more life to your motherboard and PSU.

BTW: You mentioned working towards a FSX only dedicated "dream system." Remember those who have the most success with FSX are those with the fastest CPUS! Fancy GPUS are fine but don't spend a ton on an over the top one. Spend your money on all the CPU clock speed you can afford and LOTS AND LOTS OF SYSTEM COOLING! ;)

And yes, your "dream system" will also need powered USB hubs as well.

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Archived