Never seen this before!

mrzippy

Oh. I just thought it was tracer bullets. You must have really pissed somebody off. -- Bob

Thanks Bob! I thought so, too until I zoomed in on a couple of 'em. "Bogies like fireflies" to quote Viper.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Very cool screenshot! Especially with the contrail fix.

Did you perhaps reload the scenery library a few times? AI duplicates when you do that. (ai aircraft at airport will then park overlapping, 2, 3, or more at one parking spot). You will get manty AI with the same callsign flying the same route as well.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Very cool screenshot! Especially with the contrail fix.

Did you perhaps reload the scenery library a few times? AI duplicates when you do that. (ai aircraft at airport will then park overlapping, 2, 3, or more at one parking spot). You will get manty AI with the same callsign flying the same route as well.

Nope, never reload the scenery library! These were individual aircraft and no duplicates. I guess I just hit the magic spot just entering Utah from Nellis Airforce Base.

Great looking pic mrzippy,several years ago when I first added AI I had a similar situation. I was flying over central CA, when out of the air there were 100+ AI all over the sky flying in every direction, was not aware of print screen forum. I have never seen that since bummer. Kenny

Thanks, Kenny! First time for me too!

I would say use a lead-pursuit strategy, and start with the last one in line. That way, there's a chance the others won't notice you shooting them down till it's too late. Keep your bursts short and well aimed. That's a lot of bogeys! And, if possible, come at them from out of the sun.

Good luck Capt. Zippy! It's been an honor flying with you...

:D :D :cool: :rolleyes: :p

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

I would say use a lead-pursuit strategy, and start with the last one in line. That way, there's a chance the others won't notice you shooting them down till it's too late. Keep your bursts short and well aimed. That's a lot of bogeys! And, if possible, come at them from out of the sun.

Good luck Capt. Zippy! It's been an honor flying with you...

:D :D :cool: :rolleyes: :p

Pat☺

Thanks, Pat! I just got done arming this T-33 Shooting Star so maybe some target practice is warranted! ;)

I know you stole that thing from H.R.M. Von Peerhoven, the natural born aviator's hangar. I assume those are his Air Force chasing you... it would make complete sense to me that they passed you without noticing you, after all, there's no water any where!

I know you stole that thing from H.R.M. Von Peerhoven, the natural born aviator's hangar. I assume those are his Air Force chasing you... it would make complete sense to me that they passed you without noticing you, after all, there's no water any where!

Yep, that was my first reaction as well. I hope he gets his TRS-80 or Commodore 64, can't remember which he has, up and running soon. ;)

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

That's a job for "AI Smooth" if it's FS9...

:)

Regards,

Scott

Hi Scott! FSX and I have AISmooth but don't really use it anymore. This was mid-flight and nowhere near my destination so it really wasn't a bother, just interesting.:D

Charlie

Thanks, Pat! I just got done arming this T-33 Shooting Star so maybe some target practice is warranted! ;)

Hey Pat,

I was thinking about a trip down to Yuma with Charlie in July or so for some aerial gunnery practice. Are you in too?

We might even take a walk across the bridge!:rolleyes:

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

@ mrzippy

A zombie apocalypse, wow.. Read a lot of books on my favorite theme, hundreds.

Most of the time the planes dont survive and crash. The abandoned airports however holds promises (in the books)

Read one, cant remember the title yet, might be day-by-day-armageddon, about flying a GA around some airports infested with Zulus.

Ah, last I read was about a float plane, with nice descriptions about operating it in a post zombie apocalypse.

Aviation and zombies (aka Zulus) are fun to read.

Some writers do it right, some dont.

Anyhow, it is a nice dream-away topic when flying in the sim and looking down, and thinking, what if.. what if, and what would I do!

Edit: now I think about it, a lot of books have airplanes in them, and I always think, NO! dont do it that way, just fly over and take a look.

No, dont descent your helicopter to the ground, hoover.. or NO!, taxi to the fueltruck, or NO!, keep taxi and lower the cargo ramp and let them jump on board in stead of stop.. and NO!.. there are a lot of "I wont do that" situations in books. white knuckles!

Hey Pat,

I was thinking about a trip down to Yuma with Charlie in July or so for some aerial gunnery practice. Are you in too?

We might even take a walk across the bridge!:rolleyes:

Thanks for the offer, but I am never going anywhere near Yuma again in my life. EVER. I hate that place, with a passion. Did for the 30 years I "lived", if you can call it that, there.

If I do go, I am going private transport only, though, so I can carry the weaponry I WILL take. At least 2 rifles, 2 pistols, and a few thousand rounds for each one. Not to mention a BP vest.

Other than all that, sure, let's go! :D :D :p

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Archived