Autorudder

phantom56sqn

Hi, just purchased X Plane 11 beta to find that there is no Auto Rudder like found in FSX and P3D. I have tried adding Left Rudder, Rudder Centre and Right Rudder to the buttons on by Speedlink Black Widow joystick but to no avail. I think I just have to accept that I just wasted £50

Hi ,

there is a freeware plugin "X-coordinate available that seems to offer the aileron-rudder coordination function you asked for, among some other features.

I can't speak for how well it works or not.

Anyway you might want to give it a try before you consider your 50 quids wasted:

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/15906-x-coordinate-linmacwin3264/

Regards&good luck with it,

V1R

"Autorudder" is not very realistic, at least not for the vast majority of real world aircraft.

It is your decision of course, but you ought to consider investing in rudder pedals. They are not all that expensive, and will improve your virtual flying experience by a noticable amount.

• 4 weeks later...

If you are using any type of flightstick, twisting the stick will account for rudder. If you only have a yolk, then definitely invest in pedals, since this combo gives you the most realistic experience. Autorudder is usually the way to go if you fly with the keyboard and mouse.

Ok, so I had to look up the OP's purchase and I found this: http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/computing-accessories/computer-accessories/game-controllers-and-joysticks/speedlink-black-widow-sl-6640-sbk-joystick-21435081-pdt.html

In the description, it states that it has rudder control on the thrust lever, very similar to my Thrustmaster TFlight Hotas X. The difference between mine and the OP is that I do have rudder control with the twist action of the stick, whereas it looks like the Speedlink only has 2 axis control on the stick, but has the ability to control rudder through the rocker control on the thrust lever. I would recommend assigning the rudder to that rocker and you should be good to go.

- James

Archived