Clock/Chronometer download?

martinstebbing

Thanks. Actually, clicking links to the Flightsim library always leads to a page 'No Search Results. No Files matched your search criteria'.... no idea why. I found the file by searching though and will try it out tomorrow. Looks a bit bright and 'funky' for, say, a PMDG 747 cockpit, but I could learn to live with that no doubt!

EDIT: Managed to recolour the background to a dull brown and it fits quite nicely into my Boeing cockpits now! Thanks again.

Can anyone tell me how I would make this gauge visible at night, using Photoshop for instance to make some new bitmaps? (I'd then have to edit the xml file, but I have never added night lighting to a gauge so I don't know how). Or can it be done with FS Panel Studio, if not? (Again, never tried it before - if I need to use FS Panel Studio I guess I am going to have to look for some tutorials). Help appreciated, anyway.

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=stimer2.zip&CatID=root&Go=Search

It's basically a cab file with an xml and various bmp files. Useful to be able to bring up (I created a little shortcut icon so that it is not visible all the time), but though the buttons light up, the clock screen itself is black after dark and so rather pointless unless you are flying in the daytime. (This would be strictly for my own use of course, the gauge not being my work).

I have Googled this and have looked at the FS Panel Studio for help, but haven't 'cracked it' yet...

Thanks.

If you want to edit the .xml file, just check that each line beginning with

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Or maybe someone else with that 747 has a different experience?

I think it's guaranteed that you're the only one with this particular "problem".

However, back to editing the .xml file, another thing you can try is to add Luminous="Yes" into each background image line, e.g:

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

I think it's guaranteed that you're the only one with this particular "problem"

Why do you say that? Why would my PMDG 747 be any different from anyone else's? I'll try the editing the xml file to see what happens, but the gauge does seem to be more readable at night in some aircraft than in others.

No, that doesn't help, but thanks. I think the problem (or 'problem', if you prefer) may be that the clock display itself doesn't have it's own bitmap. The display, i.e. the grey centre part of the file SupertImer2_bg.bmp (the entire gauge) has no entry itself in the xml file, so unlike the buttons it does not light up in the dark. The readout is certainly not visible in a number of payware a/c I have, like PSS 757, PSS 777, PMDG 747...

The display, i.e. the grey centre part of the file SupertImer2_bg.bmp (the entire gauge) has no entry itself in the xml file

The SupertImer2_bg.bmp will be called at the very start of the gauge code. Just make that bitmap luminous and the numbers should show up at night.

Well, you learn something every day! I have made many (simple) xml gauges in the past, usually just to open various windows in the cockpit (none that needed night lighting!), and I always assumed those opening lines were just titles. Now I look properly I see that they are 'functional', and as you say, adding the "Bright=Yes" to the SupertImer2_bg.bmp entry makes the gauge light up. It's now as readable at night as any other gauge. Great.

Thank you for your help Tim. :)

Archived