This site's CloudFlare setting

CRJ_simpilot

Are you under or just had a recent DDoS attack? Because you only use the I'm Under Attack option when you are -- under attack. It's very annoying to have to wait 5 seconds just to access the site. The TeamSpeak forums do this and it's completely asinine. I set my setting to high and that's all you need, and even that can force legit users in having to enter a captcha.

I use CloudFlare myself and run a couple forums and a couple WordPress sites. I sure hope you changed your IP with your host after you added the DNS info. to CF. Because an attacker can see the IP address still using a CloudFlare resolver. Also, make sure you use a third party E-mail service. I can look up the MX record and get the real IP.

. It's very annoying to have to wait 5 seconds just to access the site....

Agreed. In fact I waited several minutes in Opera browser and was still denied access by CloudFlare until I switched over to Firefox and waited a bit more. Not good enough IMO, especially since this forum is dead quiet these days, hardly worth logging in.

On the plus side, Happy New Year everyone.

Have a nice one.

XY

We have been upgrading our sites and servers this weekend, this is a temporary protection that is running on the site. We are not under a Dos. attack.

This will check to confirm you are a real browser(human) and not a bots hitting our sites. This should have no affect on your connecting to Flightsim.com and once connected you should experience quick page loads and fantastic download speeds.

We will remove this function soon and all we be back to normal, thank you for your understanding.

Happy New Year!

Joe

That is comforting news.

But connecting isn't smooth. I can't connect with Opera Mini on my phone.

I get the "CloudFlare DDos Protecion" page, but that never redirects.

So it's not possible for me to connect via phone.

Is that something that can be fixed? Or is it something I will have to livve with for a few days?

(I can connect with the PC. Firefox, IE-11, and k-meleon all redirect.

Btw, the redirect doesn't happen only when first visiting. It keeps happening every so often, even while logged in.)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Did you just do something?

Or if it just only temporarily switched off (?)

I just installed Opera on PC to test.

Could get into FLightsim!! No issue.

Tried IE on the PC. (wasn't open at the time) and got NO DDos check. First time since last night.

Then tried phone. Worked also!

No Cloudflare Page, got in right away.

----

I tried clearing cache on phone, and cookies, 8hrs ago or so. Didn't help

Don't know how to do a ipconfig /flushdns on that. :)

I'll clean cach again just in case.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As I posted above this is something that will be off and on over the next few days, but yes you should have no issues atm.

I'm still locked out in Opera. Seems there's a mismatch between Opera and Cloudflare; ..so some members/visitors who use Opera may be denied access.

I can at the moment get in using Opera on PC. I dodn't think I even see a ClloudFlare Protection page with that.

I do see that page, and get the redirect, in Firefox and IE on PC.

But when I see Cloudflare prot page on Phone in Opera Mini. Page does not redirect.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
CloudFlare setting is still on. When will the maintenance end here? I think it's unnecessary to have the I'm under attack mode on when all it does is help mitigate a DDoS attack and nothing more.

CloudFlare setting is still on. When will the maintenance end here? I think it's unnecessary to have the I'm under attack mode on when all it does is help mitigate a DDoS attack and nothing more.

I haven't seen a CloudFlare warning in days.

I got one just now.

I still get the CloudFlare Nag-screen each time on my PC..both on Opera and Firefox. Opera refuses to go beyond it, but Firefox does after 5 seconds or so.

Its a pain. Why not disable ClouDflare altogether and keep things simple??

On opera mini (phone) I get passed it by first waiting 10 seconds, then reloading the page. (have to repeat that a few times sometimes)

The other browsers (on pc) reload by themselves, and get me in as well.

(I think I get the cloudflare thing with all of the other browsers at times. But it seems with Opera anf IE11 it's all the time, and with k-meleon and FireFox it's only very rarely.

Very much workable, I don't see it as a (big) issue.

(this message was sent from phone.)

(and the edited from Firefox on PC, Which I booted, started FF, and old tabs opened automatically, was already logged in, no cloudflare, edited right away.)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Very much workable, I don't see it as a (big) issue.

True, its not a big issue for me. But it is still an issue , meaning that nowadays I think twice before visiting Flightsim,com forums because a) I usually use Opera and have to switch to the much slower Firefox to access this site, and b) These forums have gotten so quiet these past months that its barely worth popping in at the best of times, never mind when there are hurdles in the way like the CloudFlare bouncer at the door. ;-)

Like I said, why not just disable CloudFlare on this site? Admin said it was only a temporary measure for a few days -weeks ago. But obviously its still activated and nags at some members.

Archived