FS2004 with Google Earth

peterd51

Hi,

FS2004 with Google Earth.

FS Earth is set for aircraft altitude plus 1000 feet

but the eye altitude in Google earth shows a few thousand feet below where it should be.

It's not always out by the same percentage so I can't simply tweak 'plus x feet' to get Google Earth to consistently show the right altitude.

Any ideas please?

Regards

Peter

Hi,

thanks for the suggestion but it's 'out' by more than that.

At my local airport, altitude 130 feet, GE should show 1130 and it shows 385 Feet.

Examples at various levels:

GE........ aircraft

1013......1980 feet

It's a varying amount out of line.

I can't say I noticed this in XP but now I'm using win 10-64 bit.

I was on a flight over mountains a few days back, cleared the top easily in FS2004 but crashed into the mountains in GE.

Not a problem as such as the flight continued but the GE screen was flashing and bouncing around for a while and it was annoying.

I think it's a problem with FS earth sending the wrong level to GE, but I'm not sure about that.

It needs more poking around to get a better idea of what's happening but I'd be very surprised if I'm the only one who has this issue.

Regards

Peter

Hi,

yes, thanks, I had thought of that.

Doing all four calculations that could be about right, to within a couple of hundred feet and that would be OK, although GE states that it's feet.

GE Options is set for feet / miles, I'll try changing that to metres and then 'system default' to see what it does.

Regards

Peter

Archived