Maximum number of io boards ?

stinger2k2

Hi all,

My home cockpit is being built using Leo Bodnar i/o boards. Is there a maximum number fsx can handle?

It looks like I will end up with around 4/5 Leo boards plus my existing Saitek yoke and throttle quadrants making, in effect, 7 external controllers. Is this OK?

Cheers

Stinger

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Hi,

I don't know about maximum numbers of USB connections. But I had many USB addons connected by a USB-hub, but some of the addons were not fond by the computer. I had to use some USB addons connected direct to USB connection at the PC. I do not remeber if I had to buy a new USB card as well.

Hi,

I don't know about maximum numbers of USB connections. But I had many USB addons connected by a USB-hub, but some of the addons were not fond by the computer. I had to use some USB addons connected direct to USB connection at the PC. I do not remeber if I had to buy a new USB card as well.

Ok, thanks for the reply. I was more concerned that fsx itself has a limit rather than the usb connections but you raise a valid point.

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

I have 6 usb boards (mixed Bodnar / Desktop Aviator / Goflight ) plus 3 saitek panels connected to 2 powered hubs and controlled by fsuipc. Mostly very reliable if used methodically. Repeated closing/opening of P3D can occasionally cause them to stop and then its best to restart the (wideFS) computer to get everything back in sync.

I use two computers, the secondary (old low power) one does most of the FSUIPC work (via wideFS) the P3D computer only has yoke/pedals/throttle/touch screen and one small (A version) Bodnar i.e. obsolete 2.4mhz computer runs 5 usb boards and 3 Saitek

Gordon

• 1 month later...
Hi all,

My home cockpit is being built using Leo Bodnar i/o boards. Is there a maximum number fsx can handle?

Not important but it was bothering me as off the top of my head it was 128 and then thought to check Windows Help!!

It is 127 (plus the Host=128) this is Window's limitation not necessarily USB but I was not going there!

Archived