Is there a program for carrier traps and launches?

asos

Do you know you can already do that in FSX? So why do you want an extra program?

+1

You don't need an extra software for FSX, as mentioned by SBK above, as it has all that good stuff included. In the Acceleration version anyway, including SE. Not like FS9.

Some planes that were port-overs from FS9 might need some minor adjustments or additions to the aircraft.cfg file, but other than that...

And as Mr. Zippy said, AICarriers.NET, which is a newer, slightly adjusted version of the original is a great addition to make carriers, as well as numerous other ships do what you want them to. There are many, many ships that AICarriers works very nicely with, as well as a large number of landable AI boats traveling on their own courses around the world. All shapes and sizes, from relatively small detroyers with a small helipad to full-sized nuke carriers with a very well done flight deck.

Throw in Mr. Rusev's HUD, and it works great for finding them out there on the deep blue, as well as making the experience very enjoyable. ILS needles, and so on. Handy as heck.

Another add-on I recommend, to get some very good realism is vLSO. Be warned, however, that those AI LSO's can be awfully stern, and unforgiving. Much like the real ones :) I know for a fact, I think anyway, that they hate me personally. I don't know what I did to Paddles (the guy who wrote vLSO), but the AI LSO's really have it in for me... :p

Does that answer your question, sir?

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

OK Pat,

I just downloaded a Vought Corsair the other day. Great well handling very detailed WW II bird. Though I'm not thrilled I could only find it in Swabie colors.

Are there any operational "straight decks I can fly off of?" I was on several old straight decks which had been converted into LPHS, RW. But are there any traditional straight decks available for FSX or P3D?

Dropping a Corsair onto a slant deck just doesn't seem kosher. :p

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

OK Pat,

I just downloaded a Vought Corsair the other day. Great well handling very detailed WW II bird. Though I'm not thrilled I could only find it in Swabie colors.

Are there any operational "straight decks I can fly off of?" I was on several old straight decks which had been converted into LPHS, RW. But are there any traditional straight decks available for FSX or P3D?

Dropping a Corsair onto a slant deck just doesn't seem kosher. :p

What type of Marines texture are you looking for?

marines.JPG

Have you checked the file library for older, straight-deck carriers?

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Built into FSX with the high detailed carrier, true enough, but if you want to do multiplayer carrier ops you need someone to 'fly' a carrier for the group. The Nimitz (by Fernandez) is an obvious choice but the cat function does not work in that mode. Solution is the COP3 (Carrier Operations Package) which puts the cat and trap functions into an aircraft gauge. This and the refueling gauge make Naval Operations very satisfying.

Loyd

Hooked since FS4... now flying:

self-built i7-4790 at 4 GHz; GA-Z97X mobo; GTX 970; 16GB gskill;

quiet, fast and cool running.

Win 7/64: 840 EVO OS; 840 EVO (500G) game drive;

Win10/64: 850 EVO (500G) for OS and games

A few Flightsim videos on YouTube at CanyonCorners

Archived