Demo is disappointing am i doing something wrong

VAL747

So i downloaded the demo of xplane 11 last night and all i can say is something is wrong and i mean seriously wrong. I run P3D 2.5 +ORBX scenery in 4K with PMDG 737 and i have a smooth running sim with great FPS.. all i get with xplane 11 is a stuttering mess with awful visuals. I have tried different settings and it makes minimal difference.. does the full Beta work better.So if someone can point me in the right direction i would be greatful as i want to give this a fair go before i base my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

So i downloaded the demo of xplane 11 last night and all i can say is something is wrong and i mean seriously wrong. I run P3D 2.5 +ORBX scenery in 4K with PMDG 737 and i have a smooth running sim with great FPS.. all i get with xplane 11 is a stuttering mess with awful visuals. I have tried different settings and it makes minimal difference.. does the full Beta work better.So if someone can point me in the right direction i would be greatful as i want to give this a fair go before i base my opinion.

As frustrating as it is, please remember that what you are using is a beta release. Many of the rendering options are not yet fully functional, and as such, performance will be far from optimal.

I'm also running a 4k set up and getting good fps on the beta so maybe take a good look at your system? With an i5 , 10Gb ram and GTX980 4Gb I average 30- 45 fps on max texture size. No AA . As has been mentioned already this a beta so give it a chance and allow time for a few updates. Considering the amount of real time effects and rendering I am very pleased with the beta performance.

Ok guys..new driver threaded optimization off and i now have a usable sim.. Fps is through the roof and screen tearing..using vsync to stop that but causes weird anomalies with reflection..playing with settings and all seems good until just now my demo period timed out and locked all my contols..lols. thanks for all your help will consider buying this now.

A 1 GB video card won't run X-Plane 11. For optimal performance you need something like a GTS 1070. I am running a GTX 660 and getting reasonable performance but have to turn the sliders way down.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OK updated my signature because i have a 650 ti , my I5 3570K overclocked runs orbx airports very nice with sliders maxed except autogen which is one notch from full , so all i will need is a video card ?

I5-3570K

4GB 1600MHZ

600PSU

650 TI 1GB

OK updated my signature because i have a 650 ti , my I5 3570K overclocked runs orbx airports very nice with sliders maxed except autogen which is one notch from full , so all i will need is a video card ?

You need more RAM also. Link to the specs:http://www.x-plane.com/kb/x-plane-11-system-requirements/ And there is a thread in this forum on it too. I run XP10 well on my I5-3750K, 32Gb, GTX670.

• 2 weeks later...

Same here. Visuals look good in the distance, though the textures look rather cartoonish.

Performance is horrible, airports (well, airport in the demo of course) look like something straight out of FS2002.

Aircraft looks nice though, and flies better than the default in the XP10 demo (which isn't saying much).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Same here. Visuals look good in the distance, though the textures look rather cartoonish.

Performance is horrible, airports (well, airport in the demo of course) look like something straight out of FS2002.

Aircraft looks nice though, and flies better than the default in the XP10 demo (which isn't saying much).

Try what i did make sure you have latest graphics driver and make sure you have hyper threading turned off in nvidia settings. It worked for me but i still dont like the haze its pissing me off needs to be turned down a bit.

.. This experience pretty much confirms to me that XP is an overhyped piece of junk, an impression I got seeing it demoed by Laminar last month already.

XP11 is not above criticism, far from it ... Default clouds are not up to par, ATC wanting, still no seasonal textures ...

But your remarks are plain and simple trolling. By all means stick to your FSX/P3D and its 15,000 US$ add-ons, but spare us this troll nonsense.

As a curent P3D user i was always apprehensive about trying it out but im glad i did and bought the full version and will persist with it. There's alot of pros and cons and its pretty much like every other flight sim you have to play around with it and get it running how you like it. I remember buying p3d and cursing for weeks till i got it running and looking like i wanted. With xplane it will be no different and you just have to accept its limitations and faults look beyond them and strengthen the good things about it.

• 1 month later...
Its says full release will perform exactly like the demo, looks like i will have to hold up buying my I5 4core 1gb video card is struggling to run it

I really doubt that the full release will be much like the beta. I am using beta 9, and it feels totally different than the demo. Version 9 is so much smoother, ground handling is much better, and the visuals just keep getting better. I couldn't agree more with the post that mentioned turning threaded optimization off. That was a game (or sim) changer for me. Just remember, it is still in beta, and as we test and report our findings, the developers are fixing things that don't always appear to everyone. There are so many systems out there that each beta won't perform the same to everyone, but as we report our findings, they can address more and make it better for everyone. As I have tried each beta that has released, some were better than others. Some were better, then we would get one that was worse, then better, so we never know what to expect with each release. I have seen alot of progress, and very few set-backs. Overall, I am totally amazed at how good it is at this stage. I haven't flown my FSX or P3D in the past three weeks now because I've been glued to XPlane. I can't wait to see what comes next.

Intel I7 3770K, ASRock Z77 Extreme4 mb, 16gb Corsair Vengeance, Nvidia GTX970, Realtek surround sound, 5TB WD Black SATA Drive

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
Great to hear!

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz Cpu, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB Videocard, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360 Water Cooler, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI Motherboard, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W Power Supply, G.SKILL 48Gb Ram @76000 MHz DDR5 Ram, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB Drive, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

Archived