Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Demo is disappointing am i doing something wrong

Default Demo is disappointing am i doing something wrong

So i downloaded the demo of xplane 11 last night and all i can say is something is wrong and i mean seriously wrong. I run P3D 2.5 +ORBX scenery in 4K with PMDG 737 and i have a smooth running sim with great FPS.. all i get with xplane 11 is a stuttering mess with awful visuals. I have tried different settings and it makes minimal difference.. does the full Beta work better.So if someone can point me in the right direction i would be greatful as i want to give this a fair go before i base my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by VAL747 View Post
    So i downloaded the demo of xplane 11 last night and all i can say is something is wrong and i mean seriously wrong. I run P3D 2.5 +ORBX scenery in 4K with PMDG 737 and i have a smooth running sim with great FPS.. all i get with xplane 11 is a stuttering mess with awful visuals. I have tried different settings and it makes minimal difference.. does the full Beta work better.So if someone can point me in the right direction i would be greatful as i want to give this a fair go before i base my opinion.

As frustrating as it is, please remember that what you are using is a beta release. Many of the rendering options are not yet fully functional, and as such, performance will be far from optimal.
    “Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil... prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon...”
    ― Terry Pratchett

I understand its still in beta i just dont understand why the demo is optimized so poorly..

Quote Originally Posted by VAL747 View Post
    I understand its still in beta i just dont understand why the demo is optimized so poorly..

If you're getting performance issues, then I suggest you file a bug report which is why the beta has been released to the public:

http://dev.x-plane.com/support/bugreport.html
    “Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil... prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon...”
    ― Terry Pratchett

X-Plane uses OpenGL. It may be a graphics driver issue.

6. Default

Be sure you set Threaded Optimization to OFF. Made a huge difference in my setup. That's a setting accessed through Nvidia panel for your video card.

7. Default

Its says full release will perform exactly like the demo, looks like i will have to hold up buying my I5 4core 1gb video card is struggling to run it
    I5-3570K
    4GB 1600MHZ
    600PSU
    650 TI 1GB

I'm also running a 4k set up and getting good fps on the beta so maybe take a good look at your system? With an i5 , 10Gb ram and GTX980 4Gb I average 30- 45 fps on max texture size. No AA . As has been mentioned already this a beta so give it a chance and allow time for a few updates. Considering the amount of real time effects and rendering I am very pleased with the beta performance.

A 1 GB video card won't run X-Plane 11. For optimal performance you need something like a GTS 1070. I am running a GTX 660 and getting reasonable performance but have to turn the sliders way down.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Running a gtx 1070 16 gb ram i7 4770k so my specs are good. I will look at threaded optimization and updte driver..thanks guys i will let you know how i go.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast