Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Demo is disappointing am i doing something wrong

Default Demo is disappointing am i doing something wrong

So i downloaded the demo of xplane 11 last night and all i can say is something is wrong and i mean seriously wrong. I run P3D 2.5 +ORBX scenery in 4K with PMDG 737 and i have a smooth running sim with great FPS.. all i get with xplane 11 is a stuttering mess with awful visuals. I have tried different settings and it makes minimal difference.. does the full Beta work better.So if someone can point me in the right direction i would be greatful as i want to give this a fair go before i base my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by VAL747 View Post
    So i downloaded the demo of xplane 11 last night and all i can say is something is wrong and i mean seriously wrong. I run P3D 2.5 +ORBX scenery in 4K with PMDG 737 and i have a smooth running sim with great FPS.. all i get with xplane 11 is a stuttering mess with awful visuals. I have tried different settings and it makes minimal difference.. does the full Beta work better.So if someone can point me in the right direction i would be greatful as i want to give this a fair go before i base my opinion.

As frustrating as it is, please remember that what you are using is a beta release. Many of the rendering options are not yet fully functional, and as such, performance will be far from optimal.

I understand its still in beta i just dont understand why the demo is optimized so poorly..

Quote Originally Posted by VAL747 View Post
    I understand its still in beta i just dont understand why the demo is optimized so poorly..

If you're getting performance issues, then I suggest you file a bug report which is why the beta has been released to the public:

http://dev.x-plane.com/support/bugreport.html

X-Plane uses OpenGL. It may be a graphics driver issue.

6. Default

Be sure you set Threaded Optimization to OFF. Made a huge difference in my setup. That's a setting accessed through Nvidia panel for your video card.

7. Default

Its says full release will perform exactly like the demo, looks like i will have to hold up buying my I5 4core 1gb video card is struggling to run it
    I5-3570K
    4GB 1600MHZ
    600PSU
    650 TI 1GB

I'm also running a 4k set up and getting good fps on the beta so maybe take a good look at your system? With an i5 , 10Gb ram and GTX980 4Gb I average 30- 45 fps on max texture size. No AA . As has been mentioned already this a beta so give it a chance and allow time for a few updates. Considering the amount of real time effects and rendering I am very pleased with the beta performance.

A 1 GB video card won't run X-Plane 11. For optimal performance you need something like a GTS 1070. I am running a GTX 660 and getting reasonable performance but have to turn the sliders way down.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Running a gtx 1070 16 gb ram i7 4770k so my specs are good. I will look at threaded optimization and updte driver..thanks guys i will let you know how i go.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast