Raytheon - Beechcraft T-6A Texan II

flyboy208

Great shots Mike! I often find my favorite shots are at either dusk or dawn! ;) In fact RW, those were my favorite times to fly. Unless of course I was looking directly into the sun as it rose or fell! Does that make me a semi-vampire?:o

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Hi Mike,

Anything "Beech" is cool - really nice set...

I've used the "free" Texan's included with P3D but I think they're dumbed down - they fly nice - but seem to be lacking in cockpit functionality - would you know if the "payware" Texan's are done to a higher standard ???

Little side note - coworker of mine's son went to one of the military colleges - got picked up for the flight program - completed the basic flight training in the Texan - the coworker knew I was x-Navy and a pilot so he showed me tons of pictures, we talked about it all the time, and we followed his progress almost daily... He graduated - earned his wings - had follow on orders to move to King Airs - it wasn't in FL - someplace else I think - then nothing from my coworker... Finally I had to ask - he said his son had a change of heart - didn't like flying and removed himself from the flight program to become a "Supply Officer" - it was the last time he ever mentioned the Navy thing to me... I was thinking to myself - OMG - I would have killed for a slot like that - I couldn't imagine anything that would have stopped me from pursuing that goal... I let the matter drop as I didn't want to make my coworker uncomfortable but to this day I still wonder what happened...

Keep up the good work...

Regards,

Scott

bJQZKiw.png

Hi Mike,

Anything "Beech" is cool - really nice set...

I've used the "free" Texan's included with P3D but I think they're dumbed down - they fly nice - but seem to be lacking in cockpit functionality - would you know if the "payware" Texan's are done to a higher standard ???

Little side note - coworker of mine's son went to one of the military colleges - got picked up for the flight program - completed the basic flight training in the Texan - the coworker knew I was x-Navy and a pilot so he showed me tons of pictures, we talked about it all the time, and we followed his progress almost daily... He graduated - earned his wings - had follow on orders to move to King Airs - it wasn't in FL - someplace else I think - then nothing from my coworker... Finally I had to ask - he said his son had a change of heart - didn't like flying and removed himself from the flight program to become a "Supply Officer" - it was the last time he ever mentioned the Navy thing to me... I was thinking to myself - OMG - I would have killed for a slot like that - I couldn't imagine anything that would have stopped me from pursuing that goal... I let the matter drop as I didn't want to make my coworker uncomfortable but to this day I still wonder what happened...

Keep up the good work...

Regards,

Scott

Scott thanks for the reply. That does sound a bit strange to make the change from Aviation to Supply , to be a Naval Aviator is such a great honor who knows what happened.

With regards to this particular it is the older, now freeware Iris Simulations offering, which is decent , but nothing with in depth systems like their Pilatus PC-21. Iris has done a brand new payware version of the T-6 which I am certain has all the bells and whistles ... and it's on sale right now for $20.

Thanks to everyone else who commented, glad you enjoyed this set. Mike

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived