New York area airports and ILS approaches that use same frequency

dnpaul

I posted about this years ago, but have always wondered if I'm the only one with this issue.

I did a flight from KBOS to KJFK, and got assigned ILS 31R. The ILS freq for that approach is IRTH, 111.500. The reciprocal runway 13 uses the same freq, but it is ITLK. For some reason, my aircraft is receiving ITLK, which shows up as a backcourse on my instruments. Even if I wait until I have turned to intercept the localiser and am only a mile or so from the IAF before tuning the frequency, it just won't tune to the proper station (IRTH).

I had this same issue with KEWR and KLGA, and I used ADE to edit those airports and change the frequencies. I guess I never got around to doing that for KJFK. I don't really want to mess with it, TBH.

I fly into many other airports in the US and UK that have these same ILS arrangements with the same frequency for reciprocal runways, but I have only ever had this problem with New York area airports.

WHY???!!! :mad: Does this happen to anyone else, and is there a workaround that you know of to avoid having to edit the airport?

No, KIAD works fine, as does every other airport I fly into that has one freq for both directions. Why it happens with only the NY Metro Area airports is maybe the key to why it happens at all, I suppose. I just wonder if I'm literally the only person who has this or not.

This is default JFK in FSX-SE running Win7 64. Nothing out of the ordinary, but I had the exact same issue with my FSX-Boxed w/Acceleration setup on my last computer.

No, KIAD works fine, as does every other airport I fly into that has one freq for both directions. Why it happens with only the NY Metro Area airports is maybe the key to why it happens at all, I suppose. I just wonder if I'm literally the only person who has this or not.

This is default JFK in FSX-SE running Win7 64. Nothing out of the ordinary, but I had the exact same issue with my FSX-Boxed w/Acceleration setup on my last computer.

I use an updated version of KJFK and also KIAD so I haven't noticed any problems with either.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Archived