URGENT: Scenery Issues

AidenMillar

Good Evening Everyone,

I am posting to ask about a few scenery issues I'm having with my FS2004. So my first issue is that I downloaded the Fruit Stand Model for the Airbus A330-200 and -300. Each Ai Aircraft came with the GE, PW models, etc. So anyway, I've downloaded a few airlines and they've all worked successfully,however recently I've downloaded Turkish Airline liveries for the A332 and A333. I followed the directions as usual and assigned the aircraft some flight plans, but when the aircraft show up in the game, they show up with no paint job, just completely blank! I've double checked everything and everything seems to be in the right spot, what am I doing wrong?

Secondly, my favorite airport to fly into in Fs2004 is Johannesburgs O.R Tambo Int. I downloaded the scenery from this website. Recently, my entire FS2004 crashes if I try to fly between the hours of 7am-6:30pm at the airport, basically when the sun is out, I can't fly out of the airport cause the game automatically crashes. Why can't I fly out at anytime of the day like any other airport in FS2004?

Sincerely,

Aiden Millar

So you want me to post all of the fltsim.x entries from the aircraft.cfg from the TFS A330-200 and A330-300?

I'm not sure how to turn off the AI traffic?

No, I want you to post the entries for the Turkish a/c plus a number before it...say three.

Traffic slider...move it to zero %

Each aircraft model file needs it's own very specific texture file names. If you add any new texture folder containing different texture file names, then the existing model file will not be able to handle them, resulting in a non textured plane.

Good luck.

Hans

1. Are you definitely sure the textures you downloaded are for those models?

2. Inside the aircraft.cfg the entries should be almost the same except for:

Texture=

atc_airline=

atc_parking_codes=

Make sure you have the exact spelling for the texture name including capital letters or numbers and any full stops etc.

Hi Aiden, this is what my WOAI installation of The Fruit Stand A330 THY paint looks like:

title=WoA_TFS_A330-200_GE_THY-Turkish Airlines

model=New Tail

texture=THY-Turkish Airlines

sim=TFS_A332

atc_airline=TURKAIR

atc_id=

atc_heavy=1

ui_manufacturer=The Fruit Stand

ui_type=Airbus A330-200

ui_variation=Turkish Airlines

description=The Fruit Stand Airbus A330-200 (GE) ::: Turkish Airlines repaint by Federico Permutti

atc_parking_types=GATE

atc_parking_codes=THY

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Hi Aiden, this is what my WOAI installation of The Fruit Stand A330 THY paint looks like:

title=WoA_TFS_A330-200_GE_THY-Turkish Airlines

model=New Tail

texture=THY-Turkish Airlines

sim=TFS_A332

atc_airline=TURKAIR

atc_id=

atc_heavy=1

ui_manufacturer=The Fruit Stand

ui_type=Airbus A330-200

ui_variation=Turkish Airlines

description=The Fruit Stand Airbus A330-200 (GE) ::: Turkish Airlines repaint by Federico Permutti

atc_parking_types=GATE

atc_parking_codes=THY

...and mine is different for the model entry ...

model=GE/New Tail

This is why I asked the OP to post his .cfg entries. They likely do not match his folder structure.

But it seems it is not very urgent at all.

I recently downloaded an aircraft with 4 different models, I also downloaded a texture for that aircraft and the texture said, texture=generic but none of the models were called generic.

I had to go through them till I found the model it was referring to, it wasn't obviously generic but model 3.

Hey guys!

Thanks for all your advice, I'll have to go through the system and see if I can make the changes. I put all the textures plus the .cfg in the TFS A330-300 folder and added the appropriate lines to the overall .cfg of the TFS A330-300 and then added the textures in the folder, I didn't put the textures in the specific "GE Model" or "RR Model". Do you think that would work? I'll be sure to check the .cfgs for all the files.

Sincerely,

Aiden

Concerning the scenery of Johannesburg airport:

Scenery "from this website" is not very specific but if it is the airport scenery from Aeroworx you may well encounter issues. Some of the versions available did have problems and you may well not have the latest version.

I suggest you go to the developer's site at http://aeroworxsa.blogspot.co.uk/p/fs.html and use the files linked from there.

If you still cannot get the airport to work weithout problems then I would consider alternatives - a web search for "fajs fs2004" will probably find both free and commercial alternatives.

John

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

Hey guys!

I put all the textures plus the .cfg in the TFS A330-300 folder and added the appropriate lines to the overall .cfg of the TFS A330-300 and then added the textures in the folder, I didn't put the textures in the specific "GE Model" or "RR Model". Do you think that would work?

To add new textures to an existing aircraft folder you do the following.

The new textures must be in a unique folder called texture.ABCDE (example)

The new fltsim.X entries must be pasted to the existing aircraft.cfg file , changing the X to the next number.

Check that the .cfg entries point to the correct name of the air file (sim= entry)

Check that the .cfg entries point to the correct model (model= entry)

Check that the .cfg entries point to the correct texture folder (texture= entry)

That is it. Do not add another .cfg file to the aircraft folder. Do not put anything in the model folders.

If you do as I suggested earlier and post your fltsim.x entries on here we may be able to make some progress.

I would put them in here, except the computer I use my FS2004 on is a Windows 98 XP Desktop and it doesn't have internet access, so I think I would have to create a word document, put the files on it, save it then put it on a flash drive, then upload it onto my Macbook Air. Also I figured out my Jo'burg scenery issue, I simply do not have enough storage on my computer. I've literally run out of memory to use for my FS2004 cause now it will not function properly.

Archived