Saitek multi panel can't link to fsuipc

ctatlow

I have recently purchased Saitek Multi panel to link up with my fs2004, but the display isn't staying lit it just keeps coming on for just a few seconds at a time.

I Google searched this to find that others have had this problem especially with Windows 8.1 which I have.

I have tried to open the .exe file where the Saitek panel has installed itself, but it can't find the fsuipc, so therefore won't open.

I have my FS installed directly to the C drive, not the default location where the Saitek panel has installed itself, presumably this is why it can't find the fsuipc.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Regards

Charlotte

PS. I have installed the drivers from Saitek's website.

So there's two problems?

I've had the X52 Pro for many years and never got the MFD working with FSX radio stack no matter how many tips, drivers and reinstalls!

You should have FSUIPC installed correctly and it will identify the device just as FS2004 controls identifies the joystick. In my case I need to plug the Saitek stick directly into my PC USB to get the power it needs as unpowered USB hubs play up in the way yours does. I use the Saitek Control panel each time I boot up because it always forgets the settings, including the MFD brightness.

First, here's a link to the latest fsuipc:

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/80977-updated-modules/

Be sure to read the descriptions.

The fsuipc exe installer will check your registry for your FS path and install fsuipc in the modules folder under FS.You can also choose another location but various application should be looking in that modules folder. Fsuipc.dll should not be in your Saitek folder unless it's there for installation purposes only.

In that modules folder there should be a text file fsuipc.log. This will show applications, other modules, etc., that have been allowed to connect to it.

Remember that FS must be running with an aircraft loaded for fsuipc to be running.

KMSP - Minnesota: Land of 10,000 Puddles

Support Team

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

simconnect is for FSX only. This is the FS9 forum.

fsuipc3 is for FS9 and previous. fsuipc4 is for FSX, P3D, etc. and has a connection to simconnect. It is an intermediary function which allows some FS9 product code developed applications to be used with FSX. This avoided a complete rewrite of the FS9 coded application to be used with FSX.

Many computers do not have all of their USB ports capable of providing enough power to drive peripherals that require more power. The easiest solution as suggested is to use a USB hub that has its own power supply (usually an a-c wall power supply) not a hub that gets its power from the PC USB port. This eliminates having to determine which ports on your PC have the more heavier USB power capability.

USB hubs are inexpensive and be sure to use one with a connected a-c power adapter.

If you go into the Windows device manager you can determine if your panels are connected under the USB section.

Support Team

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thank you for the suggestion to put it on ac powered USB hub, I also changed the power setting in the device manager so that it wouldn't go into standby. Now I have a backlit screen.

I have installed Spad, and uninstalled Saitek drivers. The Spad program is running and it recognizes the multi panel, but the tab at the bottom of the Spad screen says the Fsuipc is disconnected.

Any ideas how I can either get it to connect or make the panel work anyway.

Thanks for your replies,

Regards

Charlotte

Here are the contents of the log file,

********* FSUIPC, Version 3.999w by Pete Dowson *********

Running on Windows Version 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 3

Verifying Certificate for "C:\Flight Simulator 9\MODULES\FSUIPC.dll" now ...

SUCCESS! Signature verifies okay!

Running inside FS2004 (FS9.1 CONTROLS.DLL, FS9.1 WEATHER.DLL)

User Name=""

User Addr=""

FSUIPC not user registered

WIDEFS not user registered, or expired

Module base=61000000

WeatherReadInterval=4

LogOptions=00000001

DebugStatus=0

14453 System time = 16/11/2016 05:04:05

14453 C:\Flight Simulator 9\

14453 System time = 16/11/2016 05:04:05, FS2004 time = 12:00:00 (00:00Z)

41797 FLIGHTS\OTHER\FLTSIM.flt

41891 AIRCRAFT\c172\Cessna172SP.air

51734 AES Link established

52172 Advanced Weather Interface Enabled

95734 C:\Users\charlotte\Documents\Flight Simulator Files\UI generated flight.flt

95922 Clear All Weather requested: external weather discarded

253406 Traffic File #71 = "addon scenery\uscg port ang astoria arcata\scenery\traffic_uscg port angeles"

253453 Traffic File #17 = "scenery\world\scenery\traffic"

379172 C:\Users\charlotte\Documents\Flight Simulator Files\UI generated flight.flt

379437 Clear All Weather requested: external weather discarded

396266 System time = 16/11/2016 05:10:27, FS2004 time = 05:04:34 (13:04Z)

396266 *** FSUIPC log file being closed

Memory managed: 0 Allocs, 2265 Freed

********* FSUIPC Log file closed ***********

I'm not sure what I would be looking at in this file as regards to solving the problem?

Hence I have copied the file contents for you to look at.

Many Thanks for your help.

Regards

Charlotte

AES found fsuipc so that is working. I see you are running Win XP (5.1).

C:\Flight Simulator 9\ is your path to FS so any app looking for fsuipc should use that path to FS as AES did.

You mentioned SimConnect. That is only used with FSX and above. An FS9 product version would not ask for that. I followed your link to the Saitek backlighted panel and that is for fSX and Prepare 3D per its description. Some of the products can use SSP from Krosa to act as a bridge from FS9 to FSX's simconnect per the descriptions on the pilot shop.

From the Krosa site:

http://www.krosa.it/ssp/

How to use:

Plug-in your Pro Flight Switch Panel

Start FS9

Minimize FS9

Start this program

Maximize FS9

Enjoy!

I suggest you read the FAQ section on the Krosa site.

Support Team

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The panel I have is the Autopilot Multi Panel, it says on the pilot shop website that it works in fs2004.

I tried the Krosa download anyway just to see if it might work with the panel I have but it doesn't, I think it's for the Switch Panel.

The operating system my computer uses is Windows 8.1, it is possible that the Windows version referred to in the fsuipc log is a compatibility pack that I used to make fs2004 run.

I haven't come across SimConnect on my setup as I only run fs2004, it was one of the other replies that mentioned SimConnect.

Thank you for your time and patience, any more advice would be very welcome.

Regards

Charlotte

Is this the panel you have?

http://saitek.com/uk/prod/multi.html

Also check the drivers section for either 64 or 32 bit FSX interfaces for W8.1. The question remains whether SSP runs with which Saitek driver, 32 or 64 bit.

SSP should be running as an administrator privileged program. Browse to it, get properties, and set it to run as admin. I believe without that it will not be allowed to get to fsuipc.

On the Saitek site the product is stated to run only under FSX. On the FSP site I see where it states it runs under FS9 and FSX and later but no mention of using SSP as on other products. I think it would be a good idea to get help from FS Pilot Shop as to what configuration is actually required.

https://www.fspilotshop.com/help_me.php?help=support

https://www.fspilotshop.com/hesk/knowledgebase.php?article=53

Another question

Support Team

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You do NOT need any Saitek software running. It only takes SPAD which works for ALL simulators and FSUIPC.

Does fsuipc accept SPAD as self registration (validated freeware registration) or must you use a user paid registration.

On some products at the Pilot Shop SPAD is mentioned for making FS9 compatible with some FSX panels, but not all.

Something in Win8 is preventing SPAD from seeing fsuipc. Other products that use fsuipc are working on his computer. That is the primary thing to trouble shoot.

By product description there is a discrepancy regarding FS9 between the Pilot Shop and and Saitek. It would be nice if the OP contacted the Pilot Shop to see if they tested using SPAD for that specific product or assumed it.

I do not have a Saitek panel but I do have a registered fsuipc. I download SPAD and placed SaitekPanel.exe in the FS folder. I started FS and loaded an aircraft. Un fortunately I got an access violation I assume because of the panel lack so I did not get to see if it found fsuipc on my Win7-64 Pro system. Running Saitek Panel without FS gives me both error messages of no panel and no fsuipc without the access violation but if it connects by locating the panel software in RAM then that would be a cause if fsuipc connected but I did not have the panel running so I can't trouble shoot it and my test was not relevant.

Support Team

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It does not require a registered version of FSUIPC. You do not need the Payware Spad. Just the free one I linked to earlier. They payware SPAD is for people who want the Saitek panels to work with PMDG and other non-standard aircraft. I hope you get it working soon. I myself never had Windows 8 Or 10 for that matter. I saw no advantage in either of them so can't help you with those operating systems. :)

I have tried re-installing FSUIPC, but it didn't make any difference. I had the latest version already I think.

I have made sure all of the Saitek drivers/installers etc. are removed from all parts of my computer, so that they can't be the source of the problem.

Also I have re-installed SPAD, just to make sure I hadn't made an obvious mistake.

I'm still getting the Spad start screen that recognizes the multi panel, but then says

FSUIPC disconnected in the bottom tab.

Any ideas why it can't seem to link to the fsuipc?

I'm very grateful for all the answers so far, I just can't believe it still doesn't work.

Thanks and Regards

Charlotte

Hi all,

I posted near the beginning of this thread that I had altered the setting of the usb to prevent it going into standby, as described here https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2900614 by microsoft. Realising that the backlit screen was the panel in standby mode, I followed the steps by microsoft again only to get the same result.

When the panel is on it should be properly lit and have letters/numbers on the screen.

I can't seem to get the standby function to turn off, any ideas how I can override this microsoft 'feature'?

Regards

Charlotte

Archived