HUD Gauge

JD-Slow-Thumbs

I recently had the bright idea to invent an instrument/gauge/widget to act as a HUD/Gun-Sight/IR-TV-Display. So far I am thinking of a display area of 320x320 pixels, showing a view straight ahead, with the angle of view zoomed in probably 4 times normal (400%), and able to place it in a 2D instrument panel (near the top center close to where a HUD would go).

It does not sound t-o-o complicated, surely somebody has thought of this before.

I do not think that I would learn much searching with the keywords that I have so far, please point me in the right direction. Can anybody think of examples that already exist?

Thanks in advance

JD

P.S. If this question would get better answers in a different forum, then please let me know where to post. - Thanks – JD

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Plan-A, is to have the HUD-Gauge be just one more of the several gauges that I can assign to my secondary smaller monitor that I use as my instrument panel.

Rather than, collecting cellphone size accessories, I would prefer to, get another gauge for my 19 inch instrument panel.

Thanks and any clues would be appreciated,

JD

I found my 19 inch monitor used in a thrift store for $20 and for that price I had to have it, now I am trying to put it to good use :)

There are quite a few HUD's in the library. Keyword HUD finds them easily.

Most of them are "gauges", and can be added to a plane easily.

I've never had multiple monitors, but I know there are fairly easy and simple ways to place gauges on another monitor. A HUD is just another gauge, like airspeed, or a radalt, or whatever, so placing one on another monitor should be like a minipanel, or what have you.

Does that help any?

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

There is on in particular that was made for 737's that is pretty sophisticated. It can be used on any aircraft, though.

MY personal favorite is the one by Mr. Rusev, made specifically for military bird, Navy in particular. I like it, because it has a way built in to simulate an ILS for carriers. You can't have an ILS on a moving carrier, but this simulates the effect wonderfully. It may also be used on any plane, lie if you decide to fly out to the boat in a C-150, for example. Why? Heck, why not? :D

Those two are my main choices. I can look up the file names if you need me to...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Archived