Extremely annoying issue with REX Essential.

mejjo1989

Hi all,

I have this really annoying issue with REX. I don't know what has caused it or why it started as i've changed nothing with my computer / FSX.

When i'm in REX Essential plus OD and i change the textures and load them into FSX, when the green bar is loading and it says its converting textures etc... My whole screen flashes black, And the only way to remove the black areas is to put my cursor over it. Its really annoying and i've spent hours trying to figure it out before i came here.

Does anyone know what might be causing this problem?

Mine does the same thing, but as you say, simply moving the cursor over the area removes the black area. I am assuming that it does not have any negative effect on the sim itself, and that REX functions fine inside the sim. I am wondering why you find it so annoying...we are all different, horses for courses and all that.

Hi

Thank you for your reply.

I think i am finding it annoying because it didn't do it a few weeks back. The annoying part about it is when it sometimes takes a few minutes to complete, If i'm doing something else in the background it just stops everything working correctly.

If you haven,t already, you might want to try unchecking the water textures boxed in the configuration section. There are three of them, tropical water, something else ,sorry not at my own computer and this keyboard is behaving strangely hence the strange punctuation, and inland waters. Leaving inland waters checked, but disabling the other two will likely halve your texture loading time. You also might want to post on a REX forum, their support is extremely good.

Good luck with this.

Archived