CH Flight Sim Yoke mounting problem

Nooree01

i just bought a ch yoke on ebay for a pretty cheap price and i figured out one of the mounting screws doesn't rotate in is there any way i could mount the yoke without the screws and if i return it i am paying postage of 30 dollars total please help

Hi,

I'm not certain that I understand the problem but I bought a used yoke several years ago that had a problem with one of the mounting screws. After Googling and finding a video about disassembling the yoke and investigating my problem I discovered that a very small diameter Philips screwdriver allowed me to access one of the screws holding the yoke halves together; specifically the screw in the hole adjacent to the frozen screw. I found the frozen nut had rounded out the case depression that was designed to keep the nut from rotating. After freeing everything up I used epoxy to fill in the rounded out area of the case and secure the nut. On the average I mount and remove the yoke a couple of times a day and have had no problems over the last several years.

Jim F.

If the yoke was bought 1 yr or more ago the warranty is expired so opening it up to get to the screw NUT 'case depression' won't matter. There are 2 tie-down screws (and NUTS). The pic below shows one pair (there are 2). NOTICE: there is one small philips screw under the 'Warranty...' warning sticker. Stab sticker to find.

This should be an easy fix. All mechanical. A little epoxy, wait 24 hrs and you have a useful (and cheap) yoke. Do BOTH of them-might as well-you KNOW the other one will fail too.

You may want to go watch the video showing how to remove the STIFF metal springs and substitute with rubber bands for a better yoke 'feel'. Might as well. Here is pic of NUT.

Chuck B

Napamule

CH Yoke_Screw.jpg

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

And, when all else fails, you could just Velcro the Yoke to your Desktop!

Also, try CB's (napamule's) suggestion with replacing the Springs; I used Surgical tubing instead of rubber bands, and it really makes a difference in how the Yoke feels.

That, and it also gets rid of that 'screen door' sound when pulling back on the Yoke!

Alan :pilot:

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

Archived