Eliminated files by mistake, fs9 freezes after 10 minutes

louross

FS9 and Windows 7

I installed windows 7 and ws amazed by how well fs9 ran- perfect- no problems at all.

I decided to eliminated some files, thinking they were "temp files" and was told for example, click on c drive, put a letter or word in "buscar", select files, and eliminate. Which I did. Then I checked for some eliminated files and they were gone. So I quit that idea.

Now, after a complete uninstall by Revo Pro and reintall, fs9 freezes after about 10 minutes. Nothing else has changed. So, do I need to reinstall Windows 7? (hope thyat isn't a stupid question)

Thanks,

lr.

lou"wakemeatthemarker"ross

Did you delete random files from the fs2004 folder?

(Did you click on the fs2004 folder, and then type a word in 'search'?)

Or did you delete random files from the C: drive?

(Did you click on the C:\ drive, and then type a word in 'search'?)

And, what did you type in "Search"???

Does the computer still start? Or have you not tried yet?

If you deleted a lot of files from the whole C: drive, you have very likely also deleted files from

C:\Windows

C:\Program Files

and from all other folders on C:\

If that is what happened, then there is a good chance that the computer will not start up after a reboot.

Is this computer for games only? Or is your whole life on it? I hope you have backed up all files that are important to you on external harddisks.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I clicked on the "c" drive and in "search" typed the letter "t". I would say 100 or so files showed up, eliminated them, then typed in "s", then "u". Must have eliminated 3oo or more files. Went to "d" drive and realized I was eliminating files. Can't think of anything new that was installed just before. Certain items on the RFP 742 didn't not operate, 10 minutes later fs9 froze. Happened 3 times. Went to different plane, same thing. Used "ccleaner" between all sessions, but that's not new. Computer starts fine, window and windows explorer work okay. Computer is mainly for flight sim.

What ever you deleted the files should have been put into the recycle bin. did you check there? if they are, select them, right click and chose "Restore". You could also try doing a system restore, just make sure you chose a date and time earlier than the date you did the delete.

Larry

Okay, my fault, sorry. I got to thinking, anf thought I did install some files. Unchecked the last four in the fs library,, flew 2 different planes ion 2 different areas, everything is okay. Just need to find the one that's causing the problem. Really sorry, guys.

Thanks,

lr.

Okay, sorry for the delay, but internet here is iffy.

If you click on a drive or a file within a drive, you get Search in the upper right hand corner.

I clicked on the "c" drive and began to type a word in Search, the first letter was "s". About 3 seconds later many files showed up- maybe a hundred or so. I erased the "s" and put in "t", and about 3 seconds later another set of diles, maybe a hundred or so, showed up. Fewe of these files began with the letter "t", but for example the second name, third letter of the file had a "t". Most of these files I'd never seen before. Many were from FS, like airplanes, many were from other folders in the computer.

Does this answer your question? If not, let me know. And, this is in Windows 7. I was thinking I'd get "temporary documents" and clean them out,.- like in Windows XP.

lr..

when I tyype only the letter "s" in the searh box, my computer finds 326.847 files.

That is a lot of files. Many of them are in the folder C:\Windows

If you used "select all" then you did a lot of damage.

If you only selected a few with the mouse, files from FS only, then maybe you did not damage Windows. Only FS2004.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Guest Sascha66

I think your best bet would be to use a system restore point to restore your system to the status it was before you deleted the files. Larry (NMLW) recommended this already.

Check here how to do this:

Of course you need to have a system restore point. If this was set to automatic you will have one.

Good luck!

Sascha

That's how the windows search engine works........put in a single letter and it will display ALL the files that have that letter. When searching it is best to put in a proper full statement like a filename.

Of course, if your intention was to delete temp files from the PC then you are better of using the Windows built in file cleanup utility - right click on the drive icon and select properties and then select the Tools tab then select the Drive cleanup option.

Another way to do this would be to get a 3rd party cleaner such as CCleaner. Many of these types of tools have free versions and not only clean up temp files but also can be used to clean the registry to remove leftover keys from old installs etc

Regards

Brian

I missed the end of your post.

If you deleted many files from other folders, and if you can't get them back, then reinstalling Windomys is probably the best way to go.

I'm not sure, but I don't think 'system restore' will get those files back.

I think it's more for restoring system settings.

There is no way to know what you exactly deleted. So it's difficult to advise a solution.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If I didn't use "selectAll", then I selected the biggest part with the mouse. What do

I do now. The RFP 742 freezes after aboiuyt ten minutes, one time the computer shut down

(EDDm-LROP (HJG 727)about 1/2 way and got a message that I think said not enough free space but I had 60 out of 100 free), flew LROP-EDDM (HJG 727) it shut down on landing- could not get message as to the problem. What should I do?

Thanks

lr.

Two different symptoms ... Are you absolutely sure the problem has been caused by the deleted files? Have you checked for overheating? If you turn on your PC but don't start flight sim and just let it sit there for say an hour, and then start up FS, what happens after that? Do you have another game on your PC? Does it exhibit any problems?
Steve from Murwilllumbah.

If the computer has started to shut down and switch off itself. (and it never did that before).

And if you see a 'blue screen' when it crashes. (also new).

Then it is time to make backups of your personal files. And then to reinstall Windows.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived