flight sim pc question

Fletcher84

hi guys I recently bought a pc just for flight sim so here are my 2 questions:

1. how often do I have to defrag my pc, if im only using it strictly for flight sim?

2. I heard it's better to have your tower on a table level with your monitor, rather than on the floor? is this true? what are the pros and cons on leaving the tower on the floor? I have it about 2-3 inches off the floor on one of these mobile tower stands.

1. how often do I have to defrag my pc, if im only using it strictly for flight sim?

Usually only after installing large quantities of files if it is a hard drive.

Never if it is a Solid State drive.

2. I heard it's better to have your tower on a table level with your monitor, rather than on the floor? is this true? what are the pros and cons on leaving the tower on the floor? I have it about 2-3 inches off the floor on one of these mobile tower stands.

Having the tower on the floor makes it more susceptible to collecting dust.

As long as you regularly clean out the case with compressed air you should be fine. Never use a vacuum, those cans of compressed air will work OK.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

If you live in New Orleans, it's probably best to place your PC on the roof rather then the floor or table. :D
Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

Archived