Appdata access denied

dewey10

New problem (to me) Reinstalled FSX after a computer glitch. Installed in C:\ FSX....Everything worked fine, except some of my 3rd party addons had black textures. My main concern however, is when I tried to install my Aerorsoft Cheyenne 3 I have the following problem....Install from the disk goes fine through the part where it asks for the ID # for the aircraft. It accepts that, waits a second and then gives an error message "Appdata acess denied". Checked files and folders all have administrative privledges, my name and files & folders with all privledges allowed. I run everything under Administrative anyway. As it stands I cannot install my Cheyenne 3 addon. Unless someone has an idea looks like my only recourse is to uninstall and reinstall FSX to see if that works. By the way I am running FSX Gold Edition, Win 8.1, on a Lenovo K-450, intel i-4430 3 gig, 8gigs of ram, 1T HD, Geforce 630/2gigs ram. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Dewey

Did you run the installer as Admin?

Right click on the installer and "Run as Admin.."

Logging in to Windows as Admin gives you Admin privileges, not necessarily any software that you run.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Archived