Changing startup situation

leuen

I managed to get the startup situation at LSZH Zurich. It's based on a saved flight. Now I would like to change the situation, but don't remember anymore where I fixed that. Maybe I saved the flight as default flight, but while choosing another one FS doesn't take account of the crossed checkbox. Furthermore I searched in FS9.cfg whether a modification could or should done there. I would highly appreciate any adivce how I could solve the problem. Thanks aynway.

Bernard

Hi Bernard, I changed my default flight to the C172 parked (with engine running) at my local airfield. I set the parking position, weather conditions, all the panel switches including trim, the zoom percent in all views, and then saved the flight as default.

Any aircraft and location I switch to afterwards inherit the same settings/conditions.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Thanks for your advices.

@Steve: With a default installation FS starts always at Seattle KSEA ( successor of the former and famous Meigs). I replaced this default starting situation by a saved flight but keeping system time, and not the time of the initially saved flight. I just intended to change the weather settings to "real weather".

But I'm not able to find an entry of this starting situation, and no more how the default starting situation at KSEA is generated.

However, it's finally not that important. So thanks anyway.

Bernard

Yes helped, thanks Tom. At least I knew where to search. And finally I got it. I saved a flight named LSZH with real weather in Documents/Flight Simulator files. Than paste it into Flight Simulator 9\Flights\other folder. Backuped fltsim.FLT files and renamed LSZH.FLT to fltsim.FLT. Now start up is positioned at LSZH with real time and real weather.

Archived