Flap canoe doesn't down on flap 5 and 10 set, only on the right side.

claudiofalcao

Hello everyone and sorry about my English.

Is there any way to configure the flap canoe degree?

I've merged a 747-400 Posky/PMDG. It works fine except because of the outter flap on the right wing. When I set flap 5 or 10, the tip of the canoe, only on the right wing, appears through the flap.

I'd like to understand the flap instrucions in aircraft.cfg to try to solve this. My current flap configuration is that:

/[flaps.0]

/type = 1 // Trailing edge

/span-outboard = 0.8 // 0.0 .. 1.0

/extending-time = 25 // seconds

/flaps-position.0 = 0 // pseudo-degrees

/flaps-position.1 = 0.00,280 // 1 - no TE

/flaps-position.2 = 25.0,260 // 5

/flaps-position.3 = 27.5,240 // 10

/flaps-position.4 = 30.0,230 // 20

/flaps-position.5 = 31.5,205 // 25

/flaps-position.6 = 33.0,180 // 30

/lift_scalar = 1.0

/drag_scalar = 0.1

/pitch_scalar= 1.0

/system_type = 1 //Hydraulic

[flaps.0]

type = 1 // Trailing edge

span-outboard = 0.8 // 0.0 .. 1.0

//extending-time = 25 // seconds

extending-time = 25 // seconds

flaps-position.0 = 0 // pseudo-degrees

flaps-position.1 = 0.00,280 // 1 - no TE

flaps-position.2 = 25.0,260 // 5

flaps-position.3 = 27.5,240 // 10

flaps-position.4 = 30.0,230 // 20

flaps-position.5 = 31.5,205 // 25

flaps-position.6 = 33.0,180 // 30

lift_scalar = 1.0

drag_scalar = 0.1

pitch_scalar= 1.0

system_type = 1 //Hydraulic

[flaps.1]

type = 2 // Inboard/midboard leading edge

span-outboard = 0.53333 // 0.0 .. 1.0

extending-time = 12 // seconds

flaps-position.1 = 1.0 // 1

damaging-speed = 275 // KIAS

blowout-speed = 280 // KIAS

lift_scalar = 0.88

drag_scalar = 1.54

pitch_scalar= 1.0

[flaps.2]

type = 2 // Outboard leading

edgespan-outboard = 0.2666 // 0.0 .. 1.0

extending-time = 10 // seconds

flaps-position.1 = 0.0 // 1 - no effect

flaps-position.2 = 5.0 // 5

damaging-speed = 255 // KIAS

blowout-speed = 260 // KIAS

lift_scalar = 1.0

drag_scalar = 1.0

pitch_scalar= 1.0

[flaps.3]

type = 1 // Model

span-outboard = 0.7

extending-time = 60

flaps-position.0 = 0.0

flaps-position.1 = 1.0

flaps-position.2 = 5.0

flaps-position.3 = 10.0

flaps-position.4 = 20.0

flaps-position.5 = 25.0

flaps-position.6 = 30.0

lift_scalar = 0.0

drag_scalar = 0.0

pitch_scalar= 0.0

system_type = 1

Screens:

Left side - Flap 10

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/claudiofalcao/avs_461_zpsoyg81yab.jpg

Right side - note the canoe position on flap 10 set.

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/claudiofalcao/avs_460_zpsotd1xvnf.jpg

Flap 5

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/claudiofalcao/avs_562_zpsjuboin3d.jpg

Flap 10

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/claudiofalcao/avs_563_zpsclewbgbv.jpg

Can someone help me?

Regards.

Cláudio - Brazil

Hi Cláudio,

Unfortunately the flap canoe animation is coded into the model itself and is not adjustable. There may be a model update from POSKY, if not maybe you could request an update on their forums?

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Hi Cláudio,

Unfortunately the flap canoe animation is coded into the model itself and is not adjustable. There may be a model update from POSKY, if not maybe you could request an update on their forums?

Thanks Tim for your response.

I think that there is no any support from Posky. They are dead for FS.

And, it is a merge and I think that there is no support neither Posky nor PMDG.

I'd like to understand how that flap instructions works, line by line. Maybe on this way I get a solution.

I'd like to understand, for example, why is there a problem only on the right side?

Well, it is a mystery for me...

Cláudio

By the way...how about my English? Is it clear? Is there a large amount of mistakes?

Hi Cláudio,

Your English is very good, you make hardly any mistakes. You are right, POSKY are now known as SkySpirit. If there is an update for this model, it will be at: http://ssp.cyber-ninja.jp/

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

You need to refer to the Aircraft Container SDK for details on those lines. Here is the relevant excerpt (it is in neat table format in the SDK):

[flaps.n] section

For each flap set that is on the aircraft, a corresponding [flaps.set] section should exist. Most general aviation aircraft and smaller jets only have one set of flaps (trailing edge), but it is typical for the larger commercial aircraft to have a set of leading edge flaps in addition to the trailing edge flaps. The number of flap sets are determined by the number of [flaps.n] sections contained in the aircraft.cfg file.

The following table provides a description of each term in the [flaps.0] section for the Cessna 182S:

Parameter Example Description

type type = 1 Integer value that indicates if this is a leading edge or trailing edge flap set; 1 = trailing edge, 2 = leading edge.

span-outboard span-outboard = 0.5 The percentage of half-wing span the flap extends to (from the wing-fuselage intersection).

extending-time extending-time = 5 Time it takes for the flap set to extend to the fullest deflection angle specified (seconds).

flaps-position.0

flaps-position.1

flaps-position.2

flaps-position.3 flaps-position.0 = 0

flaps-position.1 = 10

flaps-position.2 = 20

flaps-position.3 = 30 Each element of the flaps-position array indicates the deflection angle to which the flaps will deflect (degrees). The largest deflection angle will be the one used for full flap deflection.

damaging-speed damaging-speed = 250 Speed at which the flaps begin to accrue damage (Knots Indicated Airspeed, KIAS).

blowout-speed blowout-speed = 300 Speed at which the flaps depart the aircraft (Knots Indicated Airspeed, KIAS).

lift_scalar lift_scalar = 1.0 The percentage of total lift due to flap deflection that this flap set is responsible for at full deflection.

drag_scalar drag_scalar = 1.0 The percentage of total drag due to flap deflection that this flap set is responsible for at full deflection.

pitch_scalar pitch_scalar = 1.0 The percentage of total pitch due to flap deflection that this flap set is responsible for at full deflection.

system_type system_type = 0 Integer value that indicates what type of system drives the flaps to deflect:

0 = Electric,

1 = Hydraulic,

2 = Pneumatic,

3 = Manual,

4 = None.

tailwheel_lock tailwheel_lock=0 Boolean defining if a tailwheel lock is available (applicable only on tailwheel airplanes).

0 = FALSE, 1 = TRUE.

Tom Gibson

CalClassic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.com

Claudio, not sure that I can help you solve the problem, but I suggest the following for you to further isolate where the problem might lie.

Firstly, does this issue actually affect the flying? With autopilot off, plane trimmed for straight and level, flying slowly (eg, say 180 knots), with minimum fuel, if you command a full flaps down, does the plane behave symmetrically in terms of left/right, or is there some kind of turn or roll to either direction?

Secondly, if you have Model Converter X, open up the mdl file and "Play all animations". Play them from beginning to end and then back to beginning. Does this move all the flaps, by the same amount? Note that doing it this way may not move them all at the same time. MCX does not use the aircraft.cfg file for this purpose and therefore this exercise will eliminate any issues there.

Steve from Murwilllumbah.

Hi old_wombat, copperpen and tgibson_new! Thanks for your support! Sorry about my English...

I'll check your sugestions and information that you sent me. Thanks a lot again!

Today, I'll perform a flight test program with the 747-400 and, with your tips, I hope to solve that problem.

Regards.

Cláudio

Hi old_wombat, copperpen, tgibson_new and tiger1962!

Thanks a lot for your support!

Checking your suggestions I've learned a lot about the models, configurations and the airplane.cfg files. Thanks a lot!

I've found it!

I've changed the model to SP3A PW4000 and it is working fine now.

I'll fly a flight test program to certificate it!

Thanks again!

Cláudio

Archived