R.I.P. Bob Hoover -- Headed West...

ViperPilot2

Aviation Legend Bob Hoover has passed away at the age of 94...

http://www.airspacemag.com/history-of-flight/simply-the-best-10490510/?no-ist

If you have an AC-500 or Shrike Commander, take her out for a jaunt around the Briar Patch, and think of Bob as you're flying around.

Alan :(

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

A true loss to the aviation world!

Fare thee well, Mr. Hoover. You brought joy and a love for aviation to many people. Fair skies and light winds to you sir!

He will truly be missed, as a man with a great sense of humor, and knowledge of many subjects, as well as an amazing pilot, educator, and entertainer. Thank you to Mr. Hoover for many hours of enjoyment and amazement at his abilities. He made everything look so easy...

Certainly, a man born with wings on his back!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Just finished reading the book 'Yeager". Sounds like Chuck and Bob were quite the pair. Glad I didn't have to try to keep up with those two. RIP

Running FSX-SE on   Intel core i7-12700kf,  DDR4 16G,  Nvidia Geforce RTX3070 8gb6, 1tbm.2 pcie ssd,  on windows 11.

Just finished reading the book 'Yeager". Sounds like Chuck and Bob were quite the pair. Glad I didn't have to try to keep up with those two. RIP

They were indeed. You might also enjoy Bob Hoover's book Forever Flying, his autobiography, and Bud Anderson's To Fly And Fight. Bud was another of Yeager's good friends. There's also Yeager's second book Press On.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

Archived