Don't know where else to ask so I'll ask here...

KCD

I have a Saitek controller with the throttle attachment. It was working just fine then for some reason, it messed up. So, I tried to reprogram... black for Manifold Pressure (throttle), blue for RPM (prop), red for mixture. The end result is that the red lever does nothing, and the blue lever will dot travel the full distance (the result is limited RPM unless I use the mouse to set the control properly at the top of its travel.

I fly mostly light, piston twins, so once set it should be OK for good, and no, I do not have the twin engine version; I want one lever to operate both engines simultaneously (black = rt & lft throttle, blue = rt & lft RPM, red = rt & lft mixture).

Thanks is advance for your assistance...

Hi Klee! Is it safe to say that whatever happened did so between yesterday evening and this morning and that you were not up all night playing with your computer? Maybe a Windows Update causing the problem? (Just guessing)

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I am assuming you are not using FSUIPC. Often, Windows will reconfigure your joysticks automatically and screw up all of your previous settings. Check your joystick config in FSX and make sure that all axis are properly assigned according to your earlier settings.

If you had programmed with FSUIPC, be sure that the same axis is not assigned both in FSX and FSUIPC.

Lastly, Windows remembers all joystick settings according to USB port and Device ID.

If you remove your joystick from one USB port and insert it into another, it's possible that the joystick will not be recognized or result in crazy behavior.

A lot has been written on this. There are some utilities that allow you to diagnose the issue methodically.

Lastly, make sure that Windows sees all of your joysticks before you do anything with FSX.

tony

Tony,

I'm using FS9 with the free version of FSUIPC. The controller has been removed from the usb port, then plugged back into the same one. I can get no motion from the mixture control, it is simply not working. The Prop lever only provides about 2200 RPM fire walled and at full power (which works properly).

Problem resolved!

Somehow the sensitivities got messed up in the cfg and that was why things were FUBAR, except upon discovery, it was very easy to fix. Thanks, all, for your help. We are normal again (Zippy would argue the point) and back in the air!

Old Buddy, we're all a bit nuts here - not only the illustrious Mr. Zippy - or we wouldn't be spending our valuable time on this thing!

Check Six -

Jorgen

Now wait just a doggone minute! I resemble that remark!;)

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I have a Saitek controller with the throttle attachment. It was working just fine then for some reason, it messed up. So, I tried to reprogram... black for Manifold Pressure (throttle), blue for RPM (prop), red for mixture. The end result is that the red lever does nothing, and the blue lever will dot travel the full distance (the result is limited RPM unless I use the mouse to set the control properly at the top of its travel.

I fly mostly light, piston twins, so once set it should be OK for good, and no, I do not have the twin engine version; I want one lever to operate both engines simultaneously (black = rt & lft throttle, blue = rt & lft RPM, red = rt & lft mixture).

Thanks is advance for your assistance...

What sim are you using?

I use Prepa3d v3.4 but I think the following should be similar in FSX: First, you might want to see if your throttle quadrant is listed in your controllers menu. If you don't see it listed, you might want to reload the drivers. If it is, then calibrate it and click on the axis tab and make sure the throttle, prop and mixture are properly set; makeing sure the box next to throttle, for example, is checked and set to the "y" axis. Also make sure no other boxes are checked for your throttle. Do the same for the Prop pitch and mixture, save and see if it works. ;)

Hope this helps.....

Bill Alderson

Archived