FEDEX (Because Packages Don't Bitch!)

BillD22

That was the motto I saw on the back of a FedEx MD-11 Captain's ball cap a few years ago :D Certainly a legitimate aviation career choice consideration :D:D

In this series we follow the late afternoon takeoff of a FedEx B757-200F with a load of laid back packages enroute from the main FedEx hub at Memphis International (KMEM) to San Francisco (KSFO) that absolutely, positively have to be there tomorrow morning

This is the payware Quality Wings 757 and the FSDT Memphis scenery - both for FSX

[click on the images for a full screen view]

Lined up on Runway 36. Takeoff checklist complete

FE1.jpg

"FedEx 2132 the wind 310 at 6, cleared for takeoff"

FE2.jpg

Here we go - looks like it's going to be a nice night for flying

FE3.jpg

Airborne with gear coming up as the sun sets behind us

FE4.jpg

FE5.jpg

Climbing out over downtown Memphis we can see the I-40 Mississippi River bridge over to West Memphis and the tall buildings behind all the riverfront bars and restaurants. Every one of them claims Elvis got his start there ;) and you never know who you'll see. I once saw Mick Jagger from the Rolling Stones at a back table in a barbecue and blues joint

FE6.jpg

Really nice looking shots of the 757!

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz Cpu, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB Videocard, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360 Water Cooler, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI Motherboard, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W Power Supply, G.SKILL 48Gb Ram @76000 MHz DDR5 Ram, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB Drive, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

I think it's a great title for a post, the 757 looks great Bill. As one who has worked in the airline industry, I totally agree with the ball cap embroidery. Mike

Thanks Mike - appreciate the good words on the shots and title. Folks who have spent any time in the r/w of professional commercial and military aviation understand that this is pretty much typical everyday humor :D

Appropriate for the back of a ball cap, but maybe not for a public forum topic, you think? :( We're not in Wal-Mart, are we?

Dave: See comment above - I'm sincerely sorry if you were offended by the post title but it is the r/w and since we're trying to replicate the r/w here in our sim world I kind of think it goes with the territory

Great shots How do you like FSDT KMEM scenery? I do not like the way FSDT hijacks FSX's modules. That is why I uninstalled their Hawaiian airport sceneries.

Regards,

Aharon

Thanks Aharon. The scenery is great (when it works - see the shot) but like you are I'm also pretty unhappy with FSDT apparently messing with the inner workings of FSX and causing a lot of CTDs. Seems to be working o.k. right now but I have seriously considered uninstalling all their stuff :(

kmem.jpg

Great pics, post title, and story.

The 757, still the most elegant looking modern era commercial jet, imho. Two retired pilot friends likened it to the "Porsche" of their fleets. Even after they went on to fly 767's & 777's, they still said they had more fun actually flying the 757, especially the sprightly climbs to altitude.

Looks great in FedEx livery.

Neil :cool:

Thanks Aharon. The scenery is great (when it works - see the shot) but like you are I'm also pretty unhappy with FSDT apparently messing with the inner workings of FSX and causing a lot of CTDs. Seems to be working o.k. right now but I have seriously considered uninstalling all their stuff :(

I absolutely agree with you. Although it never caused CTDs for me, I did not like the way FSDT hijacked the FSX modules. So I uninstalled and never used FSDT.

By the way, knowing you, you would appreciate KPHL Philadelphia by Sunskyjet conpany that is TOTALLY FREEWARE BUT AT EXTREMELY SERIOUS PAYWARE QUALITY and their cargo areas are superb.

Regards,

Aharon

CQwL8Nm.png

I absolutely agree with you. Although it never caused CTDs for me, I did not like the way FSDT hijacked the FSX modules. So I uninstalled and never used FSDT.

By the way, knowing you, you would appreciate KPHL Philadelphia by Sunskyjet conpany that is TOTALLY FREEWARE BUT AT EXTREMELY SERIOUS PAYWARE QUALITY and their cargo areas are superb.

Regards,

Aharon

Thanks Aharon, Larry, Neil & Kenny

Aharon: I'll check out KPHL. When the FSDT stuff works its actually pretty cool. Here's the FedEx ramp at KMEM with the GSX vehicles offloading a 727

FER1.jpg

FER2.jpg

Ahhh, finally someone posts pics of my area :) Nice job, Bill! I can tell you that it's been fun flying around on 757s and MD-11s at FedEx. Well, not so much fun in the winter time aboard the 757 jumpseat. The cabin heat is seriously lacking, so if a crew member or business jumpseater is not prepared, it can get quite nippy back there. But, you're right...boxes certainly don't bitch, but I sure have heard a number of pilots make up for it...haha!

JOE- Asus P8Z68- V Pro; CPU: Intel i7-2600K 3.4ghz OC'd 4.6Ghz,

8G Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3-1600, EVGA 1080Ti 11G ACX Cooler

Samsung 500G OS drive, 3 WD 1T Raptor HDD

Archived