Absolutely no response from my FS2004

JLightfoot

A couple of years ago I had to switch from XP Windows 7. My FS2004 worked quite well on the new OS. Unfortunately, I did not use my simulator for a couple of years. Yesterday, I finally got back to being able to "FLY" again. I put the boot disk in the drive and told to try again as administrator, which I did. When I tried to open the game again my computer acted like it was trying to load the game (for a few seconds anyway) but it wouldn't start up. So......I removed the game and re-loaded it. Again, I got the same results as before. I have no idea what to do at this time. Oh....when I tried to go to the "Microsoft Register" site I got a message that this site is no longer available. 74 and totally mystified.

A couple of years ago I had to switch from XP Windows 7. My FS2004 worked quite well on the new OS. Unfortunately, I did not use my simulator for a couple of years. Yesterday, I finally got back to being able to "FLY" again. I put the boot disk in the drive and told to try again as administrator, which I did. When I tried to open the game again my computer acted like it was trying to load the game (for a few seconds anyway) but it wouldn't start up. So......I removed the game and re-loaded it. Again, I got the same results as before. I have no idea what to do at this time. Oh....when I tried to go to the "Microsoft Register" site I got a message that this site is no longer available. 74 and totally mystified.

this has been asked and answered so many times on this site, but here we go again Microsoft in their great wisdom, sent out a security update KB3086755 which stops FS loading in Win 7 or above, just check your updates and delete it then hopefully it will load

The problem is though, that the update will be applied again next time win7 updates.

So follow the advice in the post above to get FS9 started.

Then apply the 9.1 update from here https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2795/flight-simulator-2004-update-v91/

Then apply the nocd fix from here https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/15244/microsoft-flight-simulator-2004-v91-no-cd-patch/

This means you will not need to use the cd4 to start the program.

Archived