Attitude Indicator / Bank Angle opposite?

Hi All, I noticed and issue with my FSX Install the other night after installing the carenado DO228 that the bank angle is opposite to the direction I am banking? Is this by design or is something amiss here? Other aircraft seem fine.

Regardless I am restoring an image to start fresh anyway but it took me by surprise. I do have remote flight for iPad installed, it works correctly, I don't see why it would be a cause, will run some tests and confirm incase anyone else has seen this odd behavior.

Does it do this with "American" planes? A 737, or C172, something like that?

I seem to vaguely recall something about European instruments seeming to show the horizon opposite to the way American indicaters do. I am not at all certain about this, and I think it was something about British HUD horizon indications, but it might have the same thing going on with your plane.

Again, I may be way off base here. I'll do some looking around and see what I can dig up...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

While banking:

In the US style attitude indicator the little plane stays stable while the horizon in the indicator moves.

In the Russian style attitude indicator the little plane moves while the horizon in the indicator stays stable.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Does it do this with "American" planes? A 737, or C172, something like that?

I seem to vaguely recall something about European instruments seeming to show the horizon opposite to the way American indicaters do. I am not at all certain about this, and I think it was something about British HUD horizon indications, but it might have the same thing going on with your plane.

Again, I may be way off base here. I'll do some looking around and see what I can dig up...

Pat☺

Yep just this plane, If other DO228 Users have this issue and its due to Russian Instruments thats fine, I just find it awkward at the moment or distracting

Ok, sorry, Russian indicators, my apologies indeed :) Told ya, it's been a while.

Anyway, it's a possibility that that is your "problem" , Mr. 1061147. I may well still be wrong, but it's a place to start, anyway. Google is our friend :)

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Archived