Removing other aircraft from Simobjects folder

stinger2k2

Hi,

Is there any advantage to be gained from removing all other aircraft from the Simobjects folder other than the one I will be flying with my home cockpit (phenom 300) ?

Or is this likely to mess up my ai (I use My traffic )

Cheers

Stinger

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

I've never removed any of the default planes myself, but it is my understanding that one should not, for any reason, remove any of the default aircraft from the Simobjects folder. Other than that, and that goes for anything in the Simobjects folder, like helicopters, boats etc, feel free to delete any planes that have been added. Just never any default.

There is also a way, with the FSX.CFG, to put aircraft etc into another folder than Simobjects\Airplanes. Like on D:\My Plane\Extra 300, for example. Then it will show up in the acft listing when you choose Select Aircraft.

Any advantage to clearing the folder(s) out? Not to speak of, unless you have 10,000 planes located there. It may shorten load time by 1-2 seconds, if that.

Not real helpful, but there it all is :) Good fortune, fair weather, and fun flying to you!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

FYI OP,

I have deleted helicopters and all the DEFAULT FSX planes that I know I will NEVER fly and I have never experienced a single problem in over TEN YEARS. Not sure why people think there is something magical surrounding those planes. The very same can be said of FS2004.

http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

FYI OP,

. Not sure why people think there is something magical surrounding those planes. The very same can be said of FS2004.

Greetings all,

JSKorna, I think issues arise when folks do not check to see if another A/C has aliased the sound, panel etc. to the default A/C that you plan to delete; the Cessna 172 and King air come to mind...

Respectfully,

Brian

Archived