FS2004 Sound

jamminjames

I started to fly FS2004 today and for some reason I have no sound. I reinstalled FS2004 and still no sound. I have sound in FSX, media player and all other programs. I hadn't added anything to FS2004 in a week and had just flown it last night with no problems. Any ideas or solutions?

Check your Windows Sound Properties... I surmise you've got the 'Mute' box checked.

Alan :pilot:

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

Just to add my sound issue here just in case. I have a 5.1 audio setup with Logitech Z-5300e speakers. Well, the remote attached to the sub woofer has two settings; matrix and I think surround or something. I'd have to go down stairs and look. But I have to change to matrix I think it is otherwise I won't here ATC and stuff. I have a felling this is my sound card and/or sound card settings. Never did that before, but now that others mention the sound properties in FS I should have a look there and see what might be up.

Just my two cents.

Thanks for the replies Guys!!!! My brother came over,he's the computer guy in the family. He had set up some surround set on my computer and somehow I had disabled it for fs2004 on my keyboard. Dusting? Anyway he reset the sound specs. and everything works now. Again thanks for your help........

Archived