HELP: Access Denied

taslss

Hi All,

I'm sure this is posted somewhere on here. but maybe one of you kind souls could post the link or tell me how to fix this.

Recently had a new gaming computer built for me. It's running Windows 10.

When I change an aircraft Cfg file and try to save it, it tells me "Access Denied".

I don't like being denied something that I was able to do without a problem on Windows XP.

As far as I know I am the main Administrator. All of the downloads are coming from a external hard drive that I then transferred to my secondary HD. I have both Windows and FSX on a SSD HD. I don't know if having downloaded these things first on my old computer makes any difference?

Most of my aircraft work fine. Some don't. But I can't change a Cfg file to tweak any control movement or add a new paint job.

Any and all help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom

This happens when you install FS in the Program Files folder.

If you install it outside if that folder these problems go away.

Copy the file to your Desktop, make edits and save, copy back to appropriate folder.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Turn UAC right down, & right click the desktop icon & run as Admin.

UAC is annoying when you're setting up your computer, but turning it off permanently is a very, very bad idea, especially for someone who isn't very tech savvy. Would you walk downtown with your wallet hanging out of your back pocket? Keeping known and unknown programs at lower-than-admin level is just common sense these days. FSX wasn't intended for the access/security restrictions inherent with the Program Files directory. Not the way to run it.

Would just reinstalling FSX into my C Drive but not in Program Files solve this issue?

It should, at least it works for me in Win 7 & 8.1.

At this stage I would if I were you.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

• 2 weeks later...
Turn UAC right down, & right click the desktop icon & run as Admin.

Should work :-)

I don't think UAC will do anything since I have read that the programs folder is emulated and protected. UAC doesn't have anything to do with it.

It is always best to install to C drive with FS from Win 7 and up as already stated.

Archived