PSA Airline Celebrating Donald Duck Birthday

aharon

Shalom and greetings all my pals,

While I am still shopping around for new laptop to replace my current 4 year old one that is still working in excellent and superb mint condition with all aspects of computing and softwares working well in blazing speedy manner but the laptop's FSX Deluxe is dead and out of action for unknown reasons.

Meanwhile it is time for me start working on 11,000 screenshots waiting for me to edit and publish.

Presenting exclusive special Donald Duck birthday anniversary edition of PSA airline livery that is copyrighted paint by Frank Gonzalez and is property of Frank Gonzalez Memorial Repaint Collection.

Arrived on early evening at the KSAN San Diego airport

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc319/Aharonthenicepilot/CPA/psa1_zps1g8hp2ti.jpg

Getting ready for early morning departure from KSAN San Diego airport gate

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc319/Aharonthenicepilot/CPA/psa2_zps9hz1hyxw.jpg

Entering into KSAN San Diego runway 26 for take off

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc319/Aharonthenicepilot/CPA/psa3_zpsbghyd1b6.jpg

Thank you for viewing. Stay tuned for next exciting flight.

Regards,

Aharon

CQwL8Nm.png

I used to see those PSA planes taking off and landing when I was in boot camp! The "Confidence Course", or obstacle course, for MCRD San Diego is just outside the fence of KSAN's runway. When we would be out there, either running the 3 mile PFT course, which uses the fence as a guide, so you're running right next to it, or doing the obstacles, we would see the planes taxiing, taking off, and landing. Sometimes it was a real temptation to try and use the fence to KSAN as an obstacle not normally part of the course :D

Of course there were always stories circulating about someone who had tried and either climbed into a plane, only to fall out when they lowered the gear, or got stuck in the concertina wire on the top of the fence and was then busted by the MP's and sent to Leavenworth for a hundred years or something. I have no idea if any were true or not, but I'm sure someone tried, at sometime.

As to the "Smile" on the planes,

Like the smile on the plane too
:

In the airline industry, including the PSA pilots, they were known as The Grinning Idiots. I always got a laugh out of it. Especially once I went to boot camp and saw them much more often :D

Great post, though! That is a beautiful livery, and the reflective water is awesome! Thanks for a fantastic post, as always :)

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Hmmm... I get the spirit of "don't claim my efforts as your own," but the terms on the textures are kind of silly, especially given that 90% of it derives from my work. This is why my later EULAs (outside of MSFS) forbade such terms. Oh, well. Nice shots!
My name is Erick Westbrook-Cantu. I used to make flightsim addons. I may or may not endorse this message. I do, however, fully endorse Marshall amplifiers, Gibson guitars, and Tama drums.
"This town is a dump. I'm never going to Las Vegas again." -Adam Donald Stanger: 1986-2015

Thanks all for your very very kind words and awesome explanations.

Erick Cantu, I am very honored that you liked my screenshots!! I have sent you PM explaining why I had to mention the name of the painter late Frank and his estate.

Regards,

Aharon

CQwL8Nm.png

Shalom Aharon,

Love these pictures. They reminded me of when I was young, I used to visit the outside observation deck at O'Hare, and some of the planes had those "smiley faces", though now can't remember which airlines. Both turbo props and jets.

Was PSA an O'Hare visitor back then? (late 60's)

Best,

Neil :cool:

Archived