Courcheval and Lukla airport inaccurate positioning

M4TT2016

Hello,

Recently bought the gtn 750 and both airports are approx 1.5 miles away from their indicated locating in the GPS.

I raised a ticket with flight1 who said that this is down to fsx airport placement problem.

Does anybody else have this issue? Or know of a solution?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Standard Lukla is definitely out of position. And extremely poorly modeled. IIRC even the runway heading is wrong. Don't even bother with it. Im using Steam addon and I'd recommend it. Lukla in right place with nice scenery and correct length and heading. Runway is also running uphill which is correctly modeled on the addon.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Bart

I like trying to land with different planes there. Got it right with F1 B200 and Carenado C90. Currently trying citation mustang but it doesn't look like it's gonna happen lol. It's one of my all time favourites airports. I love the himalayam valley approach

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Bart

• 2 months later...

image.jpeg

I've been having a lot of fun with Lukla, including flying up the valley (north) and landing the aero soft twin Otter at Namchi Bazarr. Also got as far as Everest base camp and landed to the right of the helipad.

Currently playing with a Bombadier Learjet 45.

Archived