Salem Night

usb777

In the spirit of Halloween I cam across a mission designed by

David Crandall but couldn't seem to get it to work. I am sure I installed it the way he describes. Anyone ever try this one?

Mike G.

Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 6GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler

Cool! Something different for the holidays!

Mike G.

Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 6GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler

Hi,

I checked out the mission and it will not start as a mission without the missing scenery.

The sound was low and distorted and there was no accompanying text. This doesn't affect the playability but as the mission is mainly a tour of Salem's history, regarding the witch trials, it's kind of sad.

There was one thing that I really don't care for and that was adding the new scenery to the Addon scenery folder as it will be there outside the mission. I suggest adding a "Salem" folder to the Addon Scenery folder and putting new Scenery and Texture folders in it; all the new scenery and textures can be added to these. The new scenery will have to be activated but at least it can be de-activated as desired.

After all that complaining let me end by saying this is a pretty neat little mission and I certainly appreciate the work that went into its creation. Doubling the volume of all the .wav files before playing the mission would be helpful. And, of course, avoiding witches and ghosts is always a good idea.

Jim F.

I to set up a separate folder, called Salem Night with the scenery and texture folder. Being he recommended turning off traffic and lowering the sliders I set up a separate settings cfg file for that also. That way I can load it on the fly and revert back to my regular settings as wall (I run my sliders all the way including water since my build can handle it) I have a triple monitor set up as well that adds to the mission. I also installed a hover and trim gauge to my Helicopters easier to control ( if you can't win, cheat) Ha! Ha!. I have a new question though. When using triple monitors you neeb to adjust the 2D windows in the panel easy enough but now how do I correct the mission compass other then resizing the window after entering the mission?

Mike G.

Archived