Replacement for worn out Throttle Quadrant on Saitek Pro Flight Yoke

Hi all,

I have had a Saitek Pro Flight Yoke and extra Throttle Quadrant for about 3 years. The quadrants have become useless due to worn out pots. I tried to get some sense out of Saitek as to why you can’t purchase the original quadrant that goes with the yoke (it comes with a PS2 plug not a USB one) but got no answer.

I have purchased 2 quadrants with USB plugs. My problem is trying to configure the 2 quadrants so that one does the same job as the one that was hooked up through the yoke. I tried assigning the values through FSX controller but the throttle quadrants come up as a stick with throttle and buttons.

Has anyone had this problem and how do you get around it? I read in some posts that people use FSUIPC to do this type of thing but when I looked at the program it confused the @*%$ out of me.

Regards,

Bill

PS I put this question in after 2 days of scrolling through posts on Saitek gear but none were about my issue. If there is a post that deals with it could you please give me a link. Thanks.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] RYZEN 5 3600X/MSI MPG X570 GAMING EDGE M/B with 64Gb ddr4 3600 RAM. Gigabyte RTX2070 Super GPU.

Liquid cooling and WD 1TB Blue SN550, M.2 2280 NVMe PCIe Gen3 & WD 2TB Blue 3D NAND, 2.5" SATA III SSD

The quadrants don't display a problem as such. When I try to assign values to the buttons in the Saitek Profiler it assigns the value to the same button on both quadrants. Even when I made 2 separate profiles (Throttle 1 and Throttle 2). I thought I might be able to do it in the Control Settings within FSX but when I go to the calibration part of settings they don't show as a quadrant but as a joy stick and a single throttle. The X and Y axis in a square and the Z axis as a slider. I haven't got as far as seeing what the effect is on an aircraft in the game yet. Have you replaced the throttle quadrant on a Saitek yoke?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] RYZEN 5 3600X/MSI MPG X570 GAMING EDGE M/B with 64Gb ddr4 3600 RAM. Gigabyte RTX2070 Super GPU.

Liquid cooling and WD 1TB Blue SN550, M.2 2280 NVMe PCIe Gen3 & WD 2TB Blue 3D NAND, 2.5" SATA III SSD

Has anyone had this problem and how do you get around it? I read in some posts that people use FSUIPC to do this type of thing but when I looked at the program it confused the @*%$ out of me.

Thanks guys but as you can see I did and it just confused me. Not to worry I have worked out how to configure the 2 Throttles and they are working fine now. Mind you at least I got a reply here. The people at Logitech, who handle Saitek now, didn't even bother to answer my e-mail. The Saitek forum was also as helpful. As I told them I think I'll go with something different next time. If anyone wants to know how I did it I will be happy to explain. Just drop me an e-mail fx48.215@optusnet.com.au

Regards,

Bill

Thanks guys but as you can see I did and it just confused me. Not to worry I have worked out how to configure the 2 Throttles and they are working fine now. Mind you at least I got a reply here. The people at Logitech, who handle Saitek now, didn't even bother to answer my e-mail. The Saitek forum was also as helpful. As I told them I think I'll go with something different next time. If anyone wants to know how I did it I will be happy to explain. Just drop me an e-mail fx48.215@optusnet.com.au

Regards,

Bill

Dang, I guess Saitek/MadCatz really did lose their shirts with that Rockband 4 failure.

Archived