Fsx steam edition compatibility

cthudak

Hi guys,

Can anyone tell me if Taxi2gate Ksea is compatible with Fsx steam edition. Just downloaded Fsx from steam, and emailed taxy2gate, but I have yet to receive a response. I went to flytampa website, and Ksea is only listed for fs2004.

thx

Either my eyes deceive me every time I fly there or it is! Taxi2gate stuff is fantastic and easy on FPS somehow, make sure to get their Orlando, too!

Most sceneries are compatible, just don't buy anything from Aerosoft that doesn't have FSX STEAM compatible in it, or Fly Tampa legacy products... they don't work!

From my experience over the last couple of years, Most "things" that are FSX Acceleration compatible are FSX-SE compatible. "MOST" being the operative word here. At least freeware. I'm so broke, I can't even afford to pay attention, so freeware is all I gots.

I've found that the one of the things that helps is to install it yourself. Don't let an auto-installer do it. I don't trust those things anyway, so I ALWAYS point it at an empty Temp folder and install it myself from there, using copy-n-paste. So far, most (again, MOST) of what I've installed, planes, scenery, whatever, has worked fine using that method. I firmly believe that most of the stuff gets confused looking for FSX-SE, as Steam seems to "bury" the folder structure for SE deeper than most installs of FSX. By doing it yourself, it seems to work fairly well, though. At least for me, anyway.

Hope this helps a little bit...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Thanks for the info. I'm just reluctant to pay for the scenery not knowing if it's compatible. There are scenery packages on the steam store, but nothing for Ksea.

Thanks again

I said it worked ;) not very clearly though, sorry for the confusion.... I was talking about FSX:SE

Archived