Update to W10 Anniversary prevents ADE connection to FS9

rainerk

You could check out my thread in the FS2002 forum about Win10 and FS2002.

I can't offer you any specific ideas about ADE170 but my experience with Win10 in compatibility modes might help.

Basically, find a comp. mode that allows the program to talk to FS. How did it run in your previous version of Windows?* How is FS running in Win10?* What does ADE170 use to communicate with FS?

It might help to wait a bit and let any error reports filter through to the Win data base and back to your PC.

*- By "how" I mean were the programs running directly in Windows, in X86 mode, or in compatability mode?

Well, don't think you're alone with funky Win10 updates. :)

This last update reset some parts of my desktop and I had to recalibrate my monitor settings. :p

Does ADE crash when you start it? Does it just hang up? Do you get any error messages?

I had an issue with FS a couple of updates ago where FS02 would crash after starting. I stayed with my comparability settings after trying to fix it and a couple of days later it was like nothing had gone wrong. :rolleyes: Nothing I did fixed the problem so it must have been a Win10 "correction" that installed after the update.

As far as changing the comp. mode settings for ADE, sometimes you have to be a bit of a detective. Try to figure out when the core program was written. What versions of Windows were in use back then? Was the core written for 16 bit, 32 bit, or 64 bit versions of Windows? You might try changing the comp. mode to an older version of Windows, but I'd recommend staying cool for now and seeing if that last update "fixes itself" within a week.

ADE does not crash, it runs fine and I can open airports without problems.

Only problem is it does not connect, so I can't see the position of the aircraft.

There is an error message to the effect that FSUIPC cannot connect (can't quote the message here as I'm currently running XP).

AFCAD (Lee Swordy's tool) doesn't connect either, so it's not likely related to FSUIPC.

I do not think comp modes will help because everything was fine with W10 (the version before the anniversary update).

Thank you for your ongoing interest.

ADE ...does not connect, so I can't see the position of the aircraft.

AFCAD (Lee Swordy's tool) doesn't connect either, so it's not likely related to FSUIPC.

The fact that you have two separate programs that cannot connect via FSUIPC pretty much pinpoints it as an FSUIPC problem.

I recommend you get the latest version of FSUIPC and try again.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

AFCAD uses FSUIPC as does ADE (at lest for FS9) to connect to show the aircraft position. Both do not require the paid user registration.

The latest full and interim versions of fsuipc for FS9 (and other FS versions) are here:

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/80977-updated-modules/

Read the description notes.

It should work fine for Win 10. The user and advanced user manuals are in the modules folder. The installer is an .exe file that will look for your FS9 entry in the windows registry and if it can not find the folder path will let you browse to it.

You do not need to register to get the downloads.

KMSP - Minnesota: Land of 10,000 Puddles

Support Team

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@stringbean

I have FSUIPC 3999z9b.

I did not know AFCAD uses FSUIPC as well, thanks for the hint.

Will focus now on FSUIPC (but don't really know where to start).

BTW, I have the registered version, and it shows up fine within FS9.

Will investigate further.

Thankk you.

Archived