De Havilland DHC3 Otter NG

pilotposer

Hello,

Just discovered an excellent download from Eugene Heyart.

It is his fictional FS 2004 De Havilland DHC3 Otter NG floatplane . Awesome to fly, fast,

cool panel, and it has great detail. I like to find these gems among the thousands of

files here at Flightsim, great job Mr. Heyart. File name is otterng2.zip. Give it a try.

And not fictional any more! Here's a real one:

Otter.jpg

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

This got me thinking, I have literally loads of files from FS that I saved and put on disks, many a time I go looking for something and stumble on an aircraft that I had totally forgot about and I resurrect it.

I know for a fact I had this thing about Otters and I have some on the disks, some payware ones too if I remember rightly.

And not fictional any more! Here's a real one:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]193267[/ATTACH]

Naaaaaht really.

That looks like a Texas Turbine Conversions Otter, which Eugene also modeled.

The Otter NG he made has a five blade scimitar prop and a different wing, with winglets.

I flew the wings off of that thing, back in the FS9 days.

Eugene did some nice work, love the Otter with the canoe strapped on the float struts.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

His original Otter (for FS02 and FS9) is a great "first download" for FS newbies. :pilot:

Very cool subject, it flys right, and its a great source for learning how the .cfg and file folders work. Also a great subject for doing that first "repaint".

I still fly the snot out of it. :cool:

FS2004 DeHavilland DHC3-TTC Super Otter

[ Download | View ]

Name: otterttc.zip

Size: 12,844,229 Date: 10-10-2006 Downloads: 3,362

FS2004 DeHavilland DHC3-TTC Super Otter; final version for FS2004. Three versions included in this package: two amphibious versions and a wheeled version. Features dynamic virtual cockpit, six liveries, reflective textures, opening door, full moving parts, panel with custom gauges. By Eugene Heyart.

FS2004 DeHavilland DHC-3 Otter PZL

[ Download | View ]

Name: otterpzl.zip

Size: 23,741,531 Date: 10-10-2006 Downloads: 7,143

FS2004 DeHavilland DHC-3 Otter PZL with radial engine; final Version for FS2004. Includes now a wheeled version. This Otter is the 1000hp conversion from Airtech Canada ®. With 400 more horsepower than the original P&W R1340, the 1000 hp PZL engine offers significant performance gains. Features dynamic virtual cockpit, five liveries, reflective textures, opening door, full moving parts, panel with custom gauges and custom sound. By Eugene Heyart.

FS2004 DeHavilland DHC-3 Otter NG

[ Download | View ]

Name: otterng2.zip

Size: 31,829,096 Date: 10-10-2006 Downloads: 3,474

FS2004 DeHavilland DHC-3 Otter NG; Final Version for FS2004. Many things has been changed and improved. The Otter NG is a fictitious airplane which represents the possible future for the current DHC3. The Otter NG is equipped with a more powerful turbine, five blade scimitar prop and a newly designed, more efficient main wing. With these changes the Otter NG overtrumps its predecessor in nearly all flight characteristics. Includes dynamic virtual cockpit, seven liveries, reflective textures, opening door, full moving parts, panel with custom gauges, custom sound. By Eugene Heyart.

Just search for 'Eugene Heyart', there are some other planes of his, & plenty paints.

Robin

Cape Town, South Africa

Fantastic model and sound. I got the 'otterng2.zip' and it works in FSX Acceleration (but black square in VC panel, so no VC). The FDE needed work (pitch and yaw problems). It sits too high in water, uses water rudder (not best), no diff brakes, etc. But it's 95% good as is. Payware quality but it's FREE.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Been flying two versions for several years now (otterttc.zip & otterng2.zip). These aircraft are at home both in the bush and local cross-country jaunts. I enjoy the improved performance over the "standard" Otters.

I haven't noticed the amphibs sitting too high in the water, but then again, I'm probably a more hefty pilot than most.

Sail on, Siverbird!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived