A2A Cessna 172 not responding to any controls.

farhan3201

Hi, I recently got the A2A Cessna 172, but for some reason it won't respond to a single input, I don't have a joystick, and I pressed the numpad keys to move, but the stick doesn't move, the flaps won't move, and the aircraft won't move. The pedals don't work either. Also during the exterior plane inspection, I can't tie down. I can start the plane, but can't move it anywhere but straight (from the throttle) and I can use brakes, but that's it. The mouse yoke doesn't work either for the plane. Please Help!!!:mad:

The obvious start would be to go to the A2A forums with your problem.

Considering all of the problems you are apparently having flying anything in the sim I can't figure out why you won't get a joystick. I use a Logitech extreme 3D Pro, does what I need it to for around $30 USD. If you can afford an A2A plane you can afford an investment in your (and our) sanity.

Robert Kerr

3D Modeler & Texture Artist

I7 4790K @ 4.4ghz, GTX-970 w/4GB, 8gb DDR 3 RAM, two SSDs, and Win 7 64 bit.

I'm trying to save up for a very good quality joystick, I should get one in a few months. But things like the mouse yoke won't even work, which I don't think is right.

A2A aircraft are different in many ways, and this might be one of them.

The question still remains, how you can buy a $50 addon aircraft but not a $30 Joystick - which would be good enough, all things considered (= if you get along with keyboard control). Especially if a high-quality addon like this does not even make sense without proper controls. IMHO you will never get the right "feel" with keyboard control, let alone notice the difference in flight dynamics between the A2A and the default 172. Seems a bit like a waste of money, which is even more odd.

Archived