frame rates on new laptop

springbok12

Ive recently had to change laptops as my old one was a bit knackered. I had a asus x502ca laptop with 4 gb ram, 500gb hdd, intel dual core i5 1.5ghz processor , intel ® built in graphics and running windows 10 enterprise. I was able to achieve minimum frame rates of 20 fps even with sliders maxed out and plenty of genuine add on scenery and aircraft.

I now have an asus x540ya with 4gb ram 1tb hdd amd dual core e-7010 1.5 ghz processor and amd/ati radeon r2 graphcs running windows 10 home and struggle to get better than 15 fps max unless using default aircraft and airports. Has anyone had similar issues and howere they overcome

Thanks for your reply, I suspected as much. I think ill refurb and upgrade my old laptop

Depending on what you mean by 'knackered' it may be worth looking at selling it as is and put the money aside as savings until you can afford a better rig. The money spent on the refurb may result in the rig lasting for years or may simply delay the inevitable replacement by a few months. Either way it won't add much value to it and you are more likely to be out of pocket money wise.

If you decide to sale and save you will also have the option nearer the time of purchasing a new rig to also sale your current 'new' rig for a bit of extra cash or maybe even use in a part exchange deal.

Regards

Brian

You should be able to get much better frame rates than that. I have a 5 year old i5, 4GB ram, Windows 10, & I never get lower frames than 25-30, except in heavy graphic intensive scenery.

Have a ckeck what is running in the background, & make sure your auto start-ups are minimal. Use things like CCleaner & Glary's utilities to clean up the drives as well.

Make sure that there is at least 15% free space on your drive.

Good luck.

Cheers,

Robin

Robin

Cape Town, South Africa

You should be able to get much better frame rates than that. I have a 5 year old i5, 4GB ram, Windows 10, & I never get lower frames than 25-30, except in heavy graphic intensive scenery....

I have an eight year old Athlon 64x2 3.0, 2gig RAM, and Vista 32, frame rates capped at 30 and the only time they drop is near places like Heathrow.

Well I have a laptop and as long as the application run smooth I have no reason to worry about frame rate.

If things run well and you have no hesitations in the flight just keep flying.

If you are having halts for seconds then time to gt concerned!!!

Archived