An-225 Flight Schedule

redneck

I was wondering if there is anywhere I can find the flight schedule for the An-225, or if that is something that is even published in advance. I'm hoping to see it the next time it comes to Charlotte-Douglas International, but I can't find any information on its future schedule anywhere. I've checked out several sites such as FlightAware, but they only show past or en-route flights. There was a person on Facebook who had been posting some flight schedules for the 225, but I saw that as of a few months ago he will no longer be able to. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks

To the best of my knowledge the 225 is now solely flown on an "as needed" (charter) basis, with no set schedule. (A few years ago it made regular stops here in Columbus at Rickenbacker - cause for every aircraft enthusiast within driving distance to show up, camera in hand.)

Here is its schedule from Ukraine to Australia back in May:

http://www.airnation.net/hangar/threads/an-225-may-2016-flight-schedule-to-visit-perth-australia-fr24.20642/

(they briefly mention tracking it via Flightradar24).

There was a link to a page on the Antonov site where they often posted news of the 225, not very detailed but at least mentioning where it was currently, or next, headed. Oddly that link now takes you to a Japanese website.

Given today's issues with security I'm not surprised they aren't more open with the whereabouts of this plane.

Archived